I'm experiencing an odd issue on a SoundStation 5000. When I attempt to make a conference call, the phone does not send a RE-INVITE with authentication after receivinga 401 from the UAS. Instead, it simply sends an ACK.
1. UAC (Soundstation 5000) send an invite.
2. UAS (Broadworks) Challenges with a 401
3. UAC Send an ACK to UAS
4. UAC Send an invite with the Authorization headers.
5. Call is send to the network.
6. The remote party answers, and a 200 OK is sent from UAS to UAC.
7. The "conf" button is pressed on the UAC
8. The UAC send an INVITE placing the call on hold
9. The UAS replies with a 200OK
10. The UAC sends a new INVITE to the UAS.
11. the UAS challenges with a 401
12. The UAC sends an ACK.
13. 30 seconds later the UAC sends an INVITE to recover the call from being on hold.
Platform: Model=SoundStation IP 5000, Assembly=3111-30900-001 Rev=H Region=0
|Platform: Board=3111-30900-001 1 0
Platform: BootBlock=3.0.4.0001 (30900-001) 11-Jul-12 08:54
|Application, main: Label=Updater, Version=Azurite 5.0.8.0935 14-Jan-15 20:29
|Application, main: P/N=3150-11069-508
SIP Application: 4.0.9.0509
What's interesting is that another IP 5000 phone that is "Rev=G" handles this call flow properly. The REv=G phone is on the same SIP load.
Hello @voipengineer_kc ,
welcome to the Polycom Community.
We would need to see this in support.
In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.
End Customers are unable to open a ticket directly with Polycom support.
If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your MAC address or your Polycom devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Polycom device from.
If the unit is no longer within warranty please be prepared to Pay Per Incident / PPI. This is all outlined in detail here
Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.