Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

SoundStation Duo - Error: application is not present

Occasional Visitor

SoundStation Duo - Error: application is not present

Unfortunately I can't get my SoundStation Duo to work. On boot it first tries to load a new configuration and update, den shows the following error:  "Error: application is not present"

I've already tried to this  but it does not load the files from the provisioning server. it requests the files as i've noticed using tcpdump, but the display flashes quickly through multiple messages, too quickly to read, and also displays "Error: application is not present", then reboots.

I've tried multiple versions of UC Software, 3.3.5, 4.0.5, 4.0.12, but it behaves the same. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: SoundStation Duo - Error: application is not present

Hello @Iwaniuk-TU-Berlin,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Can you tell us a bit more about this device ?

Is this a brand new unit out of the box or an older used version?

Does the phone write its log files to your local provisioning server and if yes can you attach them here?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 4
Occasional Visitor

Thanks for the quick reply. 

The device is used. Aparently it worked before but has been lying unused for some time. 

Unfortunately no logs were uploaded to the ftp server. I've tried both ftp and tftp servers. 

Message 3 of 4
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello @Iwaniuk-TU-Berlin,

not sure if that makes sense ....?

If you can see the phone in Wireshark requesting files it tries to get these so we must assume its the other end aka a firewall blocking these?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 4