Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi Team,

I have ordered new Polycom SoundStation IP 5000 phones for my India office and after configuring the phone, the LED lights are not flashing up while pressing the mute button or even placing a new call.

Please let me know if there are any configuration changes we need to make on that. I use asterisk for the PBX system.

UC Software Version 4.1.1.0260 BootROM Software Version 5.1.0.85063

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hello Suresh Maurya,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Jun 30, 2015 Question:What is the difference using the UC Software 4.0.0 for compatible SoundPoint or SoundStation IP Phones?

Resolution: Please always check the release Notes or

Software Version  Call Server
4.0.X SIP Only
4.1.X LYNC Only

You should be running 4.0.11 instead.

I just tested this and the LED is green if you make a call and RED if you mute.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended
Hi, I'm getting the below error message when I click on update and I also tried resetting the system and it is not booting up.
Error message: "error:application not present".

Please help me with the solution to boot up and downgrade the system.
HP Recommended

Hello Suresh Maurya,

maybe the local firewall blocked access to the server but again the please utilize the community FAQ and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up post’s.

Sep 27, 2012 QuestionI get the error Message “application not present / found” on my phones screen

Resolution: Please check => here <=

and 

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffan, 

I upgraded the phone firmware to 4.0.11 but still the issue remains the same. the LED lights are not showing up on the phone system.

UC Software Version 4.0.11.0583 BootROM Software Version 5.0.11.0282

HP Recommended

Hello Hello Suresh Maurya,

Can you go to :

• Menu > Status > Diagnostic > Hardware Test > LED

Test if they work there.

If not I would open a support ticket.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post your phone's MAC address so I can look up who would be able to support you.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

The LED lights works fine when I check from the Diagnostics but not when I dial a number. 

HP Recommended

@SteffenBaierUK wrote:

If not I would open a support ticket.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post your phone's MAC address so I can look up who would be able to support you.

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

The lights (amber) shows up when i go through the menu - diagnostics on the phone.

So, is this a hardware issue or firmware issue. Please find below the MAC address of the phone 0004F2F3E4E9. Also, I have got around 9 phones from the Vendor.

HP Recommended

Hello Suresh Maurya,

I have no record of this MAC address.

Have you got any more ?

Do all other units behave like this ?

I do not know what configuration you loaded on the unit so you need to work with support.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.