Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

When I go to flash the phone, the instructions say there is an option to configure the Provisioning server. If I look in the IP6000 menu, there is no "Provisioning server" option.

Is there a document available for the IP6000 phone specifically?

It'd be great if there was a USB port on the phone to flash it directly instead of using a server...much less confusion and time necessary to complete this task.

HP Recommended

Hello msenior,

yet again I can only highlight the FAQ that I have personally spend quite a considerate time on creating ..

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

A USB port sounds like a nice to have but I think our users with 10, 100, 100 or even 10000 Phones are quite glad that we take the simple approach of utilizing the Phones Network Port to simply load the firmware and configuration.

Please check the FAQ or seek assistance from a Polycom Reseller and / or Polycom Support via PPI (PayPerIncident)

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Okay, I got the provisioning server setup and the phone has SIP 3.3.4, which should resolve the 3-party conference calling issue.

It doesn't.

I'm still back where I started where the first party goes on-hold after the second party is connected. I'm unable to scroll through the numbers dialed, too.

Any ideas, or will the phones need to be returned?

HP Recommended

Hello,

as I highlighted already in my original Post I am unaware if the SIP Platform is even supported to utilize the SSIP6000 as a conference Phone. Possibly you are not allowed to place 2 calls per Line.

I would , as already suggested, work with a Polycom Reseller and / or Polycom Support via PPI (PayPerIncident) to solve this issue.

Have you tried a 3rd Party SIP Phone like X-Lite or another SIP Phone or contacted NEC for support on using SIP Phones on your PABX and if any limitations exist?

The Phone most certainly can hold a 3 party conference so I can only suggest to follow up as advised.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.