Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

We have 5 SoundStation IP 6000 phone in our company, I have been tasked to update the firmware. Now thi sis not my first time upgradimng firmweare on a device but for some reason the Polycom has me beat.

Could someone provide a basic step by step guide of how I update them, I have tried downloading the following files and plaing them in a FTP or TFTP server with no luck;

--Polycom UC software 4.1.0 Rev S for SoundPoint IP, SoundStation IP phones [Combined] (UCS update for Heartbleed Open SSL Vulnerability)

--SoundStation IP UCS Updater 5.0.5 Utility

In my logs of my FTP server all I get ar ea bunch of errors saying file not found. Below if the version of my IP 6000:

SIP Software Version 3.3.3.0069

BootROM Software Version 4.3.1.0887

Any help appreciated, thank you.

Regards,

Julius

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Julius,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

The above explains in detail how to upgrade the phones.

In addition the Software Download Page will not allow you to download the software without confirmation that you read the relevant upgrade documentation.

In order to Update the IP6000 you must also add the Updater.

In addition I can also only advise to check what Software is compatible with your Phone. The UC Software 4.1.0 or 4.1.1 is not compatible with your phone.

I will work with our team to remove this from this page.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hello Julius,

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?

In addition the Software Download Page will not allow you to download the software without confirmation that you read the relevant upgrade documentation.

In order to Update the IP6000 you must also add the Updater.

In addition I can also only advise to check what Software is compatible with your Phone. The UC Software 4.1.0 or 4.1.1 is not compatible with your phone.

I will work with our team to remove this from this page.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have the same problem and looking for 1 hour now ...

With the 2 options to update the IP 6000 it says here:

NOTE: Prior to UCS 4.0.0 the Provisioning server was only available via the Phones GUI !

Where do I find the Phone GUI????

I have found out that I can use the Web access, but here I can not update the software, because it is version 3.3 (and updating via browser seems to be available only with V 4 and higher)?

Is there a simple Phone Gui file somewhere?

Or should I use ftp (might be as easy)

Thanks

Carsten

HP Recommended

Hello Carsten,

As already explained to Julius the community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Any software version before UCS 4.0.0 does not have the option to define the server or upload via the Web Interface.

You are running UC Software 3.3.? and therefore need to follow the above guide and setup your own server.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hi

A silly question, is there a way to upgrade SoundStation IP 6000 in the RealPresence Resource Manager? I can add the device but upgrading the firmware seems not to be possible?

Thank you

HP Recommended

Hello @mrbird ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

It would be great if you could provide the Phone and RPRM versions so we have a complete overview of what os being used.

I would suggest you check this:

Dec 06, 2017 Question: Is there an FAQ for RealPresence Resource Manager RPRM to provision Poly or Troubleshoot phones?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please check the "Software Updates via RPRM" section on how to add software.

BootROM/Updater/Upgrader/Updater needs to be uploaded to the Endpoint > UC Management > Resource Files

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

We're using RPRM 10.8..0_6 and the phone to be updated is a SoundStation IP 6000 with 

SIP V. 3.3.3.0069 and BootROM V. 4.3.1.0887

I understand I need to update the BootROM on the phone, prior uploading the new UC SW.

How do I deploy the new BootROM to the phone once  it is uploaded in the RPRM --> Endpoint --> UC Management --> Resource Files?

I cannot find this info somewhere, your help is much appreciated, thank you.

HP Recommended

Hello @mrbird ,

Similar to what I explain in detail >here<

For IP7000 add:

• 3111-40000-001.bootrom.ld
    3111-40000-001.updater.ld

For IP6000 add:

• 3111-15600-001.bootrom.ld
    3111-15600-001.updater.ld

In the Resource folder and the "normal" software in the usual way.

If you still struggle, and non of the volunteers can help you, please open a support ticket.

In order to raise a support ticket, you need to work with your Poly reseller as they may need to do this for you.

End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Poly support. Available End User Poly services offerings are detailed here

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your MAC address or your Poly devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Poly device from.

If the unit is no longer within the warranty please be prepared to Pay Per Incident / PPI. This is all outlined in detail here

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Thanks so much Steffen

What I did, I updated the IP 6000 via an FTP provisioning server from 3.3.3.0069 to 4.0.14

I included:

• 3111-15600-001.updater.ld
  • updater.ld
  • bootrom.ld

• 000000000000.cfg (--> 4.0.14)
  • 3111-15600-001.sip.ld (--> 4.0.14)

That worked as expected.

Now I wanted to upgrade from 4.0.14 to 4.015 via RPRM, for that I uploaded 

• 3111-15600-001.updater.ld
  • updater.ld
  • 000000000000.cfg (--> 4.0.15)
  • 3111-15600-001.sip.ld (--> 4.0.15)

to the resources folder of RPRM.

Of course, I did change the provisioning server to HTTP RPRM and I see the device as online, however, when I reboot the phone, it does not upgrade to 4.0.15.

I also tried it when still including the below in the resources folder, without success

• bootrom.ld

Am I missing something?

Thanks a lot for your help.

HP Recommended

@SteffenBaierUK wrote:

Hello @mrbird ,

In the Resource folder and the "normal" software in the usual way.

If you still struggle, and non of the volunteers can help you, please open a support ticket.

Hello @mrbird 

as explained in the above the "normal" software aka the partnumber.sip.ld etc. via the normal ZIP file (Polycom UC software 4.0.15.1009 for VVX Business media phones [Split]) into Endpoint > UC Management > Upload Software Updates

The BootROM/Updater/Upgrader needs to go into Endpoint > UC Management > Resource Files

No other files like 0000000000.cfg need to be in Endpoint > UC Management > Resource Files

If this still fails please work on getting this into support as already outlined.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.