Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi. I have a fresh out of the box SoundStation IP 6000 that won't allow me to access the web interface.  It boots up fine and gets an IP and its pingable, but when I browse to the IP I get:

500 Internal Server Error

Polycom SoundPoint IP Telephone HTTPd Server at [ip address] Port 80

I have tried resetting it through the unit but with no luck.

Thanks in advance.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

You will probably need to format the file system and reload firmware.  You will need to download firmware from => Here <= and set up a provisioning server using tftp, ftp, or http.   There is a good FAQ post that will get you started, found => Here <=

Hope this helps

HP Recommended

Matski,

Did formating the file system and reloading firmware work for you?  I'm having the same problem with my IP6000 so I'm wondering what you found out.  

HP Recommended

Hello melslab,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It always helps if you provide some additional details like the current software Version and if it has ever worked or what kind of setup you are using.

If it is a hosted Service or a 2nd hand model someone may have changed the port from Port 80 or simply disabled the Interface.

Flashing a new Software will enable you to set it back to its standard values.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended
Hi amobley118. Thanks for the advice on this one. I ended up sending the unit back to the supplier. The replacement worked just fine. Cheers.
HP Recommended
Hi melslab. I wasn't able to get the device to talk to my tftp server so I gave up trying to resolve the issue. As I got the unit new I just sent it back to the supplier and got a replacement unit which works fine. Good luck with your device.
HP Recommended

Thanks Steffan for your reply.  

This It's a second hand model and I set it back to factory default.  Where do I make sure that the port is on Port 80? How do I make sure the interface isn't  disabled?

Here is the info about the phone (oh it's an IP7000 not 6000:

Boot Rom V.

Sip Software

(using) Shoretel Version

I'm sorry that I have to ask such basic questions.  I really appreciate your time.

Melinda

HP Recommended

Hello Melinda,

the FAQ holds all Information. A Factory Reset just reset's the Network Settings.

Any changes affecting the Web Interface or the Port are done via a configuration file loaded from a Provisioning server.

Please check the FAQ as this is all documented.

Best advise would be to setup a provisioning server with either UCS 3.3.4 or UCS 4.0.2 Rev B in order to have the latest Software on the Phone and then just to configure your SIP credentials.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks, Steffen, for the info.

It's a second hand model and I set it back to factory default.

For anyone who may be reading this in the future, here's the information and the outcome (it's an IP7000 not 6000):

Boot Rom V.

Sip Software

Shoretel Version

Once the software was rev'd back to 3.1.2.0392 it worked like a charm.  Hope this helps!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.