Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Forgive me if this is a repeat -- I could not find my previous post so I am thinking it did not post properly. I also could not find anything useful with a search of the Community.

I have a new SoundStation IP 6000 -- it does not seem to be able to get IP info from DHCP and says that the LAN port is inactive. No link lights show on the switch or router (tried both) and the IP 6000. I have 2 SoundStation IP 5000(s) that work if I hook up the same way using same cables, etc. (LAN ports active -- gets IP addresses, etc.).

I am using RingCentral (I have worked with their support on this but no luck). I am thinking it might be a bad unit but I thought I would check here before I give up.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @mlwhall,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

INGRAM MICRO sold this unit back in 24/07/2017 so chances are this is still in warranty for you as the time between us selling it to Ingram and you purchasing from the other reseller usually gives a 3 months grace period.

I suggest you check with Ingram as they are your Tier 1 support and most likely need to RMA the unit after the usual factory reset etc.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @mlwhall,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Both posts ended up in our Spam Filter. In addition the community's Must Read First and the community's FAQ reference the basic minimum information a new or follow up post should contain.

This ensures the questions having to be asked are limited and any new or follow up post contains the right amount of details to ensure any voluntary participant within the community does not spend additional time chasing basic information.

As a reminder the basic information asked for:

• Provide the exact Software Version of your Phone
  • Provide the Phone Model
  • Provide the Call Platform (aka openSIP,Skype for Business Online, Skype for Business on Premise, Lync)
  • Additional Polycom Infrastructure (RPRM,PDMS or BToE)
  • If applicable provide a backup of the phone in question

UC Software 4.0.0 or later via the Web Interface Utilities > Phone Backup & Restore > Phone Backup > Phone Backup

• If possible provide a Log and either attach them or use the Code Tag.Consult the Troubleshooting Section found within the FAQ if applicable
  • If possible provide the MAC Address or Serial of the device
  • Provide details if the issue is a day 1 issue or only happened after an upgrade or any other relevant details

Whilst providing some of these details may not directly impact any possible answer the community can provide, it does enable Polycom to have an overview of the current software used. In addition other details allow us to check logs or look up a potential support partners if an issue needs to come into support. It also enables us to verify the entitlement for using features.

Is this a brand new SSIP6000?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi @SteffenBaierUK, et al.:

First, I want to apologize. I should have checked the guidlines. I understand the need to get as much info as possible. In a fit of frustration, I sent what I did. I have continued to research this and also worked with RingCentral who sells SoundStation IP 6000..

I hope the below is useful in helping me understand where I am coming from -- I also included a pic of the bottom of the unit. This is one of two units acting the same way so i am leaning towards settings or some mode.

Phone mode: Polycom SoundStation IP6000

Call Platform: RingCentral 

Assembly: 3111-15600-001 Rev. W.

S/N: 0004f207fd1e

P/N: 2201:-15600-001

Label: SIP

Version: 4.0.8.1972

I do not understand what is meant by additional Polycom infrastructure.

The unit(s) does not get an IP from DHCP settings or if i set the IP settings statically. Probably has to do with the LAN port inactive message I get. I cannot get a copy of a backup or a log.

I did not buy these units -- they were purchased from Staples by someone that did not really understand what they were doing -- they do not have the receipt, etc. So I am operating a little blind. I have the impression that these were new units. As I was working on this unit, I got the impression that it might have some RingCentral config or something.

Essentially, I cannot get the unit to get an IP from DHCP or nothing happens if I set an IP address, etc. (I am not sure how a 'locked' device would act but that has crossed my mind.)

I have connected to switches and directly to router. Used POE injector and POE switch. I also did a factory reset. The LAN port remains inactive and I cannot get an IP. When I connect to the switch or router it does not show as an active device. Any thoughts, pointers or information I can provide?

Thanks!

Martin

@SteffenBaierUK wrote:

Hello @mlwhall,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Both posts ended up in our Spam Filter. In addition the community's Must Read First and the community's FAQ reference the basic minimum information a new or follow up post should contain.

This ensures the questions having to be asked are limited and any new or follow up post contains the right amount of details to ensure any voluntary participant within the community does not spend additional time chasing basic information.

As a reminder the basic information asked for:

• Provide the exact Software Version of your Phone
  • Provide the Phone Model
  • Provide the Call Platform (aka openSIP,Skype for Business Online, Skype for Business on Premise, Lync)
  • Additional Polycom Infrastructure (RPRM,PDMS or BToE)
  • If applicable provide a backup of the phone in question

UC Software 4.0.0 or later via the Web Interface Utilities > Phone Backup & Restore > Phone Backup > Phone Backup

• If possible provide a Log and either attach them or use the Code Tag.Consult the Troubleshooting Section found within the FAQ if applicable
  • If possible provide the MAC Address or Serial of the device
  • Provide details if the issue is a day 1 issue or only happened after an upgrade or any other relevant details

Whilst providing some of these details may not directly impact any possible answer the community can provide, it does enable Polycom to have an overview of the current software used. In addition other details allow us to check logs or look up a potential support partners if an issue needs to come into support. It also enables us to verify the entitlement for using features.

Is this a brand new SSIP6000?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hello @mlwhall,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

INGRAM MICRO sold this unit back in 24/07/2017 so chances are this is still in warranty for you as the time between us selling it to Ingram and you purchasing from the other reseller usually gives a 3 months grace period.

I suggest you check with Ingram as they are your Tier 1 support and most likely need to RMA the unit after the usual factory reset etc.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.