Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello everyone.

I recently bought a used Soundstation IP 6000. The unit I received says it is Part Number 3111-15600-001 Rev:R in the web GUI.

This particular unit won't boot at all unless I use the power adapter cable and the injector. The port it is connected to is 100% PoE and it previously had an Avaya phone plugged into it. I checked all the obvious things to rule out a network issue (changed cables, plugged in the SSIP to another port on the switch, reset PoE on the port, etc), but this phone steadfastly refuses to power on with PoE. It will only power on with the adapter.

1. Is this normal?
  2. On the internet, I found that some SSIP 6000's were sold as "AC Power version". Was that a normal PoE phone with an injector, or was it a completely different phone that only works when plugged in?

I also have another SSIP 6000, part number "3111-15600-001 Rev:N", which powers up absolutely fine using PoE.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Duet Tech ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Not knowing the history of the 2nd hand device it could have been repaired by someone outside of Poly or something else.

All our IP Phones are capable to be powered by PoE as outlined => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @Duet Tech ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Not knowing the history of the 2nd hand device it could have been repaired by someone outside of Poly or something else.

All our IP Phones are capable to be powered by PoE as outlined => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen.

Thank you for your response. It's not crucially important, as long as the phone works one way or another I am fine with it. We have a power supply so it's not a big deal.

Is there any way the previous owner may have deactivated PoE that I can check and maybe turn it back on?

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hello @Duet Tech ,

There is no such setting. If you can share the Mac I can check if there was previously issues logged against this unit.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Feeling a bit stupid now... To troubleshoot this issue, I replaced everything: cables, changed the floor port, connected it to the switch. What was the only thing I didn't change?

It was the switch port.

-_-

Thank you all for your help.

🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.