Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

One of our conference phones wouldn't power on today (SoundStation IP 6000).  It's worked fine for years, and there is no recent change in its hardware or software config. I tried it with just PoE directly into our PoE switch, and also with the power cord.  I know the switch works, I tested it.  In all instances the device only powers the three little red lights on the top of the unit.  No power on the LED and it does not boot.  Any ideas on troubleshooting or is it just a dud unit?  It's out of warranty but these are expensive phones so if there's any way to troubleshoot it/fix it, I'm all ears.

40 REPLIES 40
HP Recommended

Hello Kit,

Did you  find any solution for this issue?.  We are facing these issues with more than 15 devices and it started suddenly.

Thanks,

HP Recommended

Hi Ganesh,

I did not receive a reply publicly or privately.  I ended up buying a new conference phone.  I wish I had some helpful information for you but I do not.

Regards,

Kit

HP Recommended

Hi Kit,

Thanks for your quick reply and  here is a post  realated to the issue has reply.

http://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP/IP-6000-Blinking-Red-Lights/m-p/24216#M3516

Thanks.

HP Recommended

We have a 4 year old IP6000 that has been  doing this off and on, usually after it gets moved.    Even when we try plugging it into a port that another IP6000 was on it doesn't do anything.  it eventually resets after 20 minutes.  But there is nothing while the 3 red lights are on.   I did run a factory default reset and let our VOIP provider reprovision the phone again.  Hopefully we dont need to spend to buy another one.

HP Recommended

I have the problem with my IP 6000 witch will not start and just have 3 red leds. I am looking over 1 hour and still not found a solution. Can someone provide me . Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have the same problem, and 2 hours reading articls, opening links and still didn't get any answer, would you please advise how can I fix it?? so urgent

Thanks

Hania

HP Recommended

Hello Hania,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Not providing any details on the history of these devices does not enable the community to make some valid suggestions on troubleshooting this.

• Are these brand new units or have these been used before and stopped working or have they been purchased from some internet auction platform?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply, all i know about my IP 6000 phone is that it was working properly, suddenly it stopped!!

here is the details:

SN: 004F2EC2E37

Part #: 2201-15600-001

Class B digital apparatus complies with Canadian ICES-003.

when I hooked the network cable, only 3 red lights appears from the top!!

it is really urgent to tell us what is the reason of this problem? and how to fix it.. I see many customers facing the same problem with the IP 6000 and they mentioned that no solution is provided.

please help

HP Recommended

Hello Hania,

I would not call 5 people in this post many people.

We have recently used our 16th million MAC address assigned to Polycom so 4 people in addition to you is a very, very small percentage.

The unit itself was sold back in 2011 via NETUSA and I can see that you opened a service ticket 1-1346291051.

Without getting the unit back into Polycom we are unable to discover the root cause and the only option you have is an RMA.

There is no known fix to this as I am not aware of any customer having a unit shipped back to Polycom so we can look at it.

I can only suggest you work with the Polycom reseller who sold you the unit so you can be informed of waht RMA options are available to you.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.