Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

SoundStation IP 7000 PC Port Microphone

Daniel 2
Occasional Visitor

SoundStation IP 7000 PC Port Microphone

Hi there, I have a 2.5 to 3.5 MM adapter with a 3.5 extension to plug into a laptop mic/audio port

Both the 2.5 adapter and the 3.5 are 4 pole cables, meaning they pass mic and audio however the soundsation 7000 microphone is not working. The soundstation only broadcasts receiving audio.

Should this work? Is there something special about the official cable? http://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP/FAQ-What-mobile-phone-cable-can-I-use/td-p/39520

If confirmed that it should work, then i can troubleshoot elsewhere. The laptop is fine when plugging in a 4 pole iphone headphone/mic

Kind regards,

Daniel

2.5 > 3.5 adapter: http://www.cablechick.com.au/cables/premium-trrs-25mm-female-to-35mm-male-mini-jack-adaptor.html?gcl...

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: SoundStation IP 7000 PC Port Microphone

Hello Daniel,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I can only recommend to utilize the original cable as this works. Anything else us not supported. Extending the original cable is not supported either.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 4
Daniel 2
Occasional Visitor

Thanks for your reply

So the official cable allows the SS 7000 to act as a PC microphone?

I'm having trouble finding this specifically stated.

All the best,

Daniel

Message 3 of 4
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello Daniel,

The original computer calling kit allowed a PC with a separate Microphone and Speaker output to be directly connected to the SSIP7000. The Phone would then act as the Speaker and the Microphone for the PC.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 4 of 4