Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

Is there anyone using SoundStation IP 7000 with Cisco Call Manager ?

We are using Cisco Call Manager (version 9.1) and planning to install SoundStation IP 7000 as SIP endpoint.

But I cannot find any information or documentation say they are compatible.

So I am wondering if there is anyone who are actually using SoundStation IP 7000 with Cisco Call Manager as SIP endpoint.

Also I am wondering if polycom officially support SoundStation IP7000/Cisco CM integration?

Thank you very much in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Scatcat,

as mentioned above the VoIP card is running the same operating system as the SSIP7000 and has detailed documentation on how to implement into a CUCM environment.

Support would go as far as supporting the basic functionality but would not include any CUCM specific issue.

At the end of the day any third party phone is just a SIP endpoint. There are limitations as you can only do 3 conference participants (including yourself) as the call is conferenced in the phone and not on the CUCM.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello scatcat,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

We manufacture for Cisco the 7936 and 7937 and the SoundStation IP 7000 is not officially supported on a CUCM.

The only supported devices are a VVX1500 C (end of sale) and the SoundStructure VoIP card which is fully supported and documented how to install / setup. The VoIP card is running the same operating system as the SSIP7000.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thanks for quick reply.

So basically polycom does not support SSIP7000/CUCM integration, correct?

If we still want to use SSIP7000 with CUCM in our environment, and if we have some questions or problems in the future, could we open case with polycom and get support from polycom technician?

Even though it is not  "officially" supported, I guess SSIP7000 will be work with CUCM if CUCM support SIP endpoint....

HP Recommended

Hello Scatcat,

as mentioned above the VoIP card is running the same operating system as the SSIP7000 and has detailed documentation on how to implement into a CUCM environment.

Support would go as far as supporting the basic functionality but would not include any CUCM specific issue.

At the end of the day any third party phone is just a SIP endpoint. There are limitations as you can only do 3 conference participants (including yourself) as the call is conferenced in the phone and not on the CUCM.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hello all,

Polycom Soundstations are now supported on the Cisco CUCM platform.

Please check => here <= for more details.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

I've just spent several hours to finally get our IP7000 registered with CM 10.1 after upgrading the phone firmware to v.4. I did end up calling Cisco support. I relied on this document and Cisco said it was very good as well.

http://supportdocs.polycom.com/PolycomService/support/global/documents/support/setup_maintenance/pro...

You really only need to make sure the CM profile is setup according to the doc and follow the "Lines" portion on the phone. The phone does not use many of the features if registered to CM. It's what we give up.

The transport protocol that works for us is "TCPpreferred" and CM uses the standard SIP protocol profile. Perhaps you have several like we did.

Paul

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.