Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

SoundStation IP 7000 - reports duplicate IP, even though that's impossible..

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

SoundStation IP 7000 - reports duplicate IP, even though that's impossible..

Hi,

We are currently moving all clients to a new network behind a new firewall.

We the ip phones registers correctly with the Astra Intelligate, and we can make conference calls..

But, however the IP is provided, static or by DHCP, the phones reports dupicate IP, when there are no devices that possibly could cause this.

Any ideas?

I've been searching a lot for anything that cause the issue, I can't seem to find any solution to the issue.

Firmware has been updated, no status change.

Packet analyzer doesn't show anything irregular during DHCP assignment.

Regards

Richard

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: SoundStation IP 7000 - reports duplicate IP, even though that's impossible..

Hello Richard,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used SIP or UC Software version as issues experienced may already be addressed in a newer release.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes.

The above is also stated in the "Read First"

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP UC Software Version or the BootROM Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 7
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Re: SoundStation IP 7000 - reports duplicate IP, even though that's impossible..

Pardon,

Version is as follows; SIP 4.0.10.0568

Assembly: 3111-40000-001 Rev:J

BootBlock: 3.0.2.0935

Updater 5.0.8.0935

Richard

Message 3 of 7
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Couldn't find any fresher software.
Message 4 of 7
Highlighted

Hello Richard,

we would need to see a Wireshark trace unfiltered from a spanned port when rebooting the SSIP7000 as it would not just display that message.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 5 of 7
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

I had the exact same issue. I did a hard reset and then it automatically assigned itself a new IP.

To do a hard reset go to menu, status, network, ethernet and write down the MAC address (not the duplicate MAC address as I foolishly did). Now reset the phone, cancel the boot, the during the countdown hold 1357. The password you need to type in is the <removed by the moderator>). Once you've put in the password it should reset itself and do a few updates and then you're good. There is a youtube video that explains if this doesn't make sense. 

Message 6 of 7
Highlighted

Hello @Ken McKenFace,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

We do not disclose within this official Polycom community how to reset the Phones if the Admin Password is lost.

Many of our partners utilize these phones and offer services so we cannot publicly disclose the procedure to do so.

If your phone is still able to connect to the Provisioning server please reset the password via the Device Parameters documented in the Admin Guide or here

The above is also stated in the Read First: Welcome to the Polycom VoIP Forum

If this is not possible please contact your Polycom reseller or the person you purchased the phone from.

In order to solve this old topic from 2016 a factory reset is not required.

We will remove any post replying to this that will publicly explain how to remove the password.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------

Message 7 of 7