Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

SoundStation IP 7000

cahrens_DialNet
Frequent Visitor

SoundStation IP 7000

The display on my phone never changes from saying "Waiting for network to initialize" . I can't get into the menu or anything.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: SoundStation IP 7000

Hello cahrens_DialNet,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Is this a brand new unit or has it worked before?

Is this connected via PoE or via a additional Polycom Power Adaptor?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 8
cahrens_DialNet
Frequent Visitor

This is a phone that was working and stopped and it's running on POE.

Message 3 of 8
SteffenBaierUK

Hello Cahrens,

I would suggest to span/map a port and run a wireshark trace to capture the traffic.

If this all fails please liaise with your Polycom Reseller.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 4 of 8
pcourtney1

Hi Cahrens,

did you get any further with your 7000, it would be interesting to find an answer to our problem ( I have exactly the same issue as you Cahren with my 7000 ) 

Message 5 of 8
Pralph98
Occasional Visitor

I am having the same issue as well Phone was working then unplug to move to new location.  I am connected PoE with a static IP address phone states waiting for network initilization and then after about 5-10 min it states Starting to Provision for 5-10 min.  Then I get Welcome! screen and that is it it doesnt load up or anything i cannot ping the address asigned to the phone.

Message 6 of 8
Pralph98
Occasional Visitor

Update to the above: processing configuration this may take a few seconds ip address is unknown enet is my  mac address  using REV 3.3.3.0069

Message 7 of 8
SteffenBaierUK

Hello Pralph98,

I can only give you the same advise as I had already given the original poster back a few years ago and suggest to span/map a port and run a wireshark trace to capture the traffic.

If this all fails please liaise with your Polycom Reseller.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------

----------------

Message 8 of 8