Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

We finally got our IP 6000 to register on our Univerge SV8000 switch after more than 2 months of trying.

No one at my company has any experience with Polycom devices. Our phone switch vendor was unable to help us, I tried opening a ticket with Polycom but we are not a licensed partner and the people we bought the phone from said that we needed to contact our phone switch vendor. Round and round it goes.

Once we got it working (still not sure exactly what we did to get it to work but it does now and I'm not going to mess with it), we discovered that we could not dial out (we have to dial 9 first) but I finally figured out that I needed to add R9RRxxxxxxxxxx to the dialplan.

I told the CEO it was good to go... Oops.

She went to join a WebEx conference call, she dialed the number and was asked to enter the code for the conference.

The phone will not accept any input after the call is connected. I have looked through the FAQ and read the Admin guide but I can't find any reference to this issue.

I'm sure it is something simple that I am missing but I have pretty much exhausted my reserves and have no idea what to do next.

Does anyone out there have an idea what I'm am doing wrong / missing?

Thanks,

Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Mark,

I had a quick chat with the developers (as I always dump all files in one directory) and it may be the fact that you need the 4.0.4 Upgrader and the 5.0.x Updater in combination with the UCS 4.0.x Software for the SSIP6000 and SSIP7000.

Please download the Upgrader from => here <=

Basically:

• Polycom ® UC Software 4.0.4 for SoundPoint IP, SoundStation IP and Polycom VVX Series Split or Combined
  • SoundStation IP UCS Updater 5.0.3 Utility
  • SoundPoint IP, SoundStation IP and Polycom VVX Upgrader 4.4.0B

I will test this once I have access to my lab next week.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Hello Mark,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: Phone unable to send DTMF to an IVR system

Resolution: Please check => here <=

I assume above should answer your question. You either need a different payload or SIP Info. Both can be confirmed by your SIP provider.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

So, the only way I can do this is if I build a Provisioning server?

HP Recommended

Hello Mark,

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

A provisioning server is simply a FTP server for example. Above post describes this in detail.

Oct 7, 2011 Question: Do I always need a Provisioning Server or can I configure a Phone via the Web Interface or via the Phone Gui?

Above explains how you can change simple settings or import a configuration.

If the phone is running an older software you will need a provisioning server to upgrade the software.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hello,

I set up a provisioning server and decided to upgrade to UCS 4.4.x so we could use the web interface.

The phone is a SoundStation IP6000, Bootrom 4.3.1.0887, UC 3.3.3.

I downloaded the UC 4.0.1B Combined and the Bootrom 4.4.0B Upgrader, from the website on the IP6000 page.

I placed the bootrom.ld files, the sip.ld file and the 000000000000.cfg file in the folder on the provisioning server.

I set up the phone to use the provisioning server and rebooted.

I watched on the server as the phone logged in and started to download the sip.ld, it eventually aborted, tried again, aborted and quit.

I looked at the log and it stated that the image was not compatible with my phone.

I tried again several times, it failed. I tried newer versions of the updater and USC software, they all stated they were incompatible as well.

Now the phone just sits and reboots cycling through the following messages:

Waiting for Network to Initialize

Updating Initial Configuration

Image is not Compatible with this Phone

Updating sip.ld please wait

Image is not Compatible with this Phone

Error Application not Present

Rebooting

I am frustrated beyond belief at this point. I could reset the phone to factory defaults but the problem is, it took us 2 months to finally get the phone to work and we aren't sure HOW we got it working.

Help?

HP Recommended

Hello Mark,

yet again I can only highligh the Community FAQ as this has the following post:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: What SIP or UC Software Version or BootROM Version is supported by my Phone?

Checking the SSIP6000 download Page => here <= only shows the compatible Version UCS 4.0.4 as the latest current version.

Once you place the compatible software on your provisioning server the phone will load this.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Well, that resulted in the same response.

Back to the drawing board.

HP Recommended

Hello Mark,

if you download the upgrader/udater and UCS 4.0.4 files and place them unzipped in the same directory as described in my FAQ post the update will work.

I have done this uncountable times.

I suggest you follow this up with our support team in your region as your phone should still be in warranty and you qualify therefore for Web Support.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

OK,

I downloaded the following files:

SoundPoint_IP_BootROM_4_4_0_Upgrader_release_sig.zip

Polycom_UC_Software_4_0_4_release_sig_combined.zip

Unzipped them, placed them in the folder and plugged in the phone.

I got the same messages as before. (Image not compatible with this phone and Error Application not Present).

I tried opening a ticket a while ago but I was told that since I am not a Licensed Partner, they will not help me.

Even more frustrating now, I can't even get to the screen to reset the phone to factory settings.

HP Recommended

Hello Mark,

the SoundStation phones (6000/7000) use the Updater and the SoundPoint Phones use the Upgrader.

The correct file for you at present is => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.