Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Soundpoint 450 IP POE

Occasional Visitor

Soundpoint 450 IP POE

Dear all,

i am new to the setup of polycom telehones. I am having 17 polycom soundpoint IP450 PoE sets at site. They are all connected to a Elastix Server.

I already configured the phone and they are working fine.

But i am facing one problem,

When i am connecting my phone to PoE and the distance is less than 10meter from PoE port and telephone, it works fine.

But when i am connecting my phone from PoE with a distance more than 10 meter than my phone is getting power but  when i am trying to call to another phone, there is no ring tone after dialing.

Also i am not able to ping the phone if the distance is more than 10 meters from PoE port.

if i am right, Usually it should work until 100 meters .

I checked the ethernet cable (CAT-6) and its ok. The phone are connected at 100 Mbps.

Kindly help me if there is any configuration mistake.

Regards,

Tariq

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Soundpoint 450 IP POE

Hello Tariq,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I just plugged a 10m Patch Cable in my Linksys SRW208P PoE Switch and a SPIP450 just works fine.

Usually the 100m limitation applies to Ethernet in general, not PoE.

I would suggest you check if your switch is able to produce enough Power for all the Phones connected.

An PoE Usage can be found => here <=

Please contact your Polycom Reseller for further support.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 2