Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I bought this phoen off ebay but when i power it up it does this.

it says cannot connect to boot server and then says unable to load 0004f2109o07.cfg and then reboots and does all the same again.
it does not work and cannot access any buttons or menus all it does is give error messages and reboots

is there anything i can do to fix this?, if yes please give idiots guide to solving it

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

just because something is old does not mean it should be thrown away

am sure there is a solution as to what the problem is and how it can be fixed, is tyhis not what a comminity support website is for?

FAQ does not answer any of the questions I asked

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @dingodoo,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

• End of support for the SoundStation IP was 2013
  • End of sale for the SoundStation IP was 2008

Your unknown unit is at least 10 or more years old. There is no MAC address 0004f2109o07 as we would not have a o in it.

The community FAQ contains enough information about the error message posted and how to factory reset so you may have to cut your losses and understand you been sold a faulty unit.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

it should have been 

0004f2109a07.cfg

HP Recommended

Hello @dingodoo,

As already outlined the FAQ is full of answers to individual questions.

Your unit is just shy of 12 years old

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

just because something is old does not mean it should be thrown away

am sure there is a solution as to what the problem is and how it can be fixed, is tyhis not what a comminity support website is for?

FAQ does not answer any of the questions I asked

HP Recommended

Hello @dingodoo,

You already told the community that the phone does not react to any button presses.

The FAQ contains this:

Oct 10, 2012 Question: I get the error Message "error loading 0004fxxxxxxx.cfg"  or "could not 6xxxxxxxxxxx.cfg" and then Phone continues to reboot

Resolution: Please check => here <=

or

Oct 10, 2011 Question: How can I reset / Factory default my Phones configuration?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

As stated by you no key works and you are unable to get into any menus so there is nothing you can do or repair.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.