Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

How do I change / edit one of the 14 lines on the expansion module display I have connected to our SP IP 650? I was able to add a speed dial but i want a line with a user's name so we can see if they are on a call or not. The speed dial will not let you see their status.

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello WMCDONAL,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

There are 2 separate ways to monitor the status of another extension but these depend on the SIP PABX you are using and may not be supported by your SIP PABX.

Below Information is based on the UCS 3.3.0 Admin Guide here

Option 1:

Using the 000000000000-directory.xml or a <mac>-directory.xml via the <bw>1</bw> Buddy Watch functionality.

In addition the feature.presence.enabled=”1” must be activated .

Option 2:

Using the <attendant/> Functionality you can either subscribe to an attendant.uri= or using single individual attendant.resourceList.x.address entry's.

Please consult the UCS Admin Guide for both features and liaise with your local Polycom Reseller for further support.

The position in either the directory file or the attendant list/single entry dictates the order of appearance on free buttons on the actual Phone.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

If you are asking about how to do it from the phone => Inside the Contact Directory, select edit contact and set  "Watch Buddy" option (scroll down) to enabled.

The critical point here is the contact field (number or userid) should be something the calling platform allows presence subscriptions for and also sends notifications for it.

HP Recommended

Hello Ritesx,

above information is correct if the Phone has been provisioned with the  feature.presence.enabled=”1” as explained in my original reply.

Without this being active the option is not available (tested in UCS 3.3.1 Rev F)

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Ah! forgot that the new UC had introduced this setting and is disabled by default.

Thanks for clarifying.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.