Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello Polycom community members,

I've Soundpoint 670, Part Number 2345-12670-001 Rev:T  and trying setup sip tls.
While configuring via web GUI, I don't see TLS in transport drop down menu. There are  "UDPOnly","TCPpreferred",
"DNSnaptr","TCPOnly" options only.
I've  tried configuring via provisioning server , specified TLS as transport in configuration file.
After reboot  I see following results in Polycom Diagnostics log:

000026.824|cfg  |*|03|Prm|Web configuration: Value "TLS" for configuration parameter reg.1.server.1.transport is invalid, ignoring.  Valid values are:
000026.824|cfg  |*|03|Prm|Web configuration:    "UDPOnly"
000026.824|cfg  |*|03|Prm|Web configuration:    "TCPpreferred"
000026.824|cfg  |*|03|Prm|Web configuration:    "DNSnaptr"
000026.824|cfg  |*|03|Prm|Web configuration:    "TCPOnly"

I've tried following UC software versions:4.0.2,4.0.4,4.0.6 - same result.

Has anyone info that some 670 phones doesn't support TLS , or is it some configuration issue?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello Misha,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

What is the country you are trying to program TLS ? 

If it is Russia or a Russian state the TLS Option was removed for the specific hardware.

The Partnumber for such unit would be 2200-12670-114

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Country is Georgia, neighbor of Russia.

In web GUI I see :   Part Number   2345-12670-001 Rev:T, on the sticker of the phone - 2201-12670-001 , so not

sure which one is real part number.

As I see, there is no way to configure TLS for this phone.

HP Recommended

Hello Misha,

can you check the box of the phone instead ?

I believe all UCS 4.0.x Software does not have this functionality and for the SPIP670 there is no UCS 4.1.0 or UCS 4.1.1 available.

I suggest you raise a case via your Polycom reseller so we can verify this and if needed address this in a future release.

As far as I am aware TLS "should" be allowed in the Soviet Union and former Soviet union states and SRTP is not allowed but you may want to verify this locally.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Steffen,
Unfortunatelly couldn't find phone box.

As for TLS/SRTP , they are not restricted in my country.

Is this problem solvable via UC software update in future releases?
Or is it boundled to phone hardware?
Just interessted, if there is a reason , to submit a case to Polycom reseller.

HP Recommended

Hello Misha,

the only reason that I am aware off for the TLS missing is if a Russian SKU has been ordered.

The only way to check this is via the MAC address. As you require support we would need to raise a ticket.

Let's start with you providing the serial number so I can cross check this.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.