Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I'm working on trying to upgrade my Soundpoint IP phones from 3.2.3 to 3.3.1 or 4.0.1 sip.ld versions.

What I'm finding across the board is that regardless of what I upgrade too: the phones come up with DHCP menu: Boot Server: FIXED.

When I look at documentation the statesments are Default of Polycom is Custom+66.

which is what we are using and by it being set to FIXED we are unable to move forward with testing.

Any advice on how to overcome this would be greatly appreciated. We are looking at thousands of phones to upgrade.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello BradBros,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

You are correct, the standard setting from the factory is Custom+Option66.

Customers, like service providers, have the possibility to order phones that are commissioned for their needs. This includes certain settings like a pre-defined provisioning server.

You did not yet supply the information if your provisioning server details are already populated or not.

In addition a phone may receive via the above mentioned options a configuration file which includes a device.set parameter forcing the change of the above option.

Without more details it is hard to troubleshoot and I suggest your work with your Polycom reseller and/or Polycom support directly.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

while talking to someone correcting their phone. I thought about digging through the config files.

we do not have a pre-installed setting for the boot server, we pull everything from DHCP/LLDP.

I'm pretty sure the setting needs to be updated in one of my .cfg files.

thanks

Brad

HP Recommended

Hello BradBros,

I suggest you upgrade a Phone to at least UCS 3.3.5 or UCS 4.0.4 and then factory reset the phone as described in the community FAQ post here:

Oct 10, 2011 Question: How can I reset / Factory default my Phones configuration?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

This needs to be done during the countdown when the startup of the application has been canceled.

Once the phone is reset and has booted up please check and verify the settings again.

If this is still set to static you need to work with your Polycom reseller and/or Polycom support directly.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have been having trouble getting my phone to factory reset while working with Vonage.  I have the password and reset the local config, but seemds to have a corruopted "boot" file (so says Vomage tech).

You state that maybe th eophone should upgrade to atleast UCS 3.3.5 or 4.0.4.  I assume that is firmware.  how do i do that? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.