Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Dear forum members,

since 3 weeks we got a Polycom Soundpoint IP 650 and I wanted to bind it to our PBX. It works, I can call with the phone and some functions also work.

But when it comes to the "hold" function, the Polycom doesn't do it's job very well.

When I press the hold button, the other side of the call doesn't hear any preconfigured music or something else, he just hears nothing. On Polycom side, it seems like I'm only microphone/sound muted.

In our PBX monitoring tool, I can't see any sign that PBX knows I pressed the hold button, so connection between PBX and Polycom seems to be incomplete.

There are two parameters, which are related to the "hold" function.

voIpProt.SIP.useRFC2543hold
voIpProt.SIP.useSendonlyHold

I tried any possible combination of values when it comes to these two, but it doesn't work with any of them.

We also found out, that Polycom IP 650 doesn't work as expected:
We set 

voIpProt.SIP.useSendonlyHold = 1

and 

voIpProt.SIP.useRFC2543hold = 0

As written in https://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP-SIP-Phones/FAQ-How-to-Troubleshoot-Polycom-VoIP-related-Issues... you can find out in dumps, if Polycom uses the RFC2543hold technique:

So, since with this combination of parameters we are not using the c=0.0.0.0 RFC2543 technique, you should not see it in dumps.
But in dumps we see, that exactly this technique is used, which confuses us since we see in config and also in the settings on the phone that it should not use the RFC2543 technique.

Our Polycom Soundpoint IP 650 is running on firmware 4.0.4.2906

I attached logs from PBX and wireshark dumps from server, in PBX Logs Line 933 you see the "hold" invite where the RFC2543hold technique is used, even when Polycom should not.

If someone knows how to fix the "hold" problem, we appreciate any support, thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @CAG ,

Your post ended up in the Spam Filter so I moved this here.

UC Software 4.0.4 is no longer a supported Version so I suggest you test using UC Software 4.0.14 instead.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello @SteffenBaierUK

I tried it with 4.0.14, and do get the same exact result.

I also attaced my config which is running on the polycom.

Best regards

Marcel Geissler

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.