Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Soundpoint IP 650 sip.ld issue

SOLVED
Telco-T
Advisor

Soundpoint IP 650 sip.ld issue

I downloaded and put the files from the following .zip's in the same directory of my SIP PS.

Polycom ® UC Software 4.0.2B for SoundPoint IP, SoundStation IP and Polycom VVX and SpectraLink 8400...

SoundPoint IP, SoundStation IP and Polycom VVX Upgrader 4.4.0B

Whenever I try and get my Soundpoint IP 650's to load to the new rev I get the following:

...4.0.2/2345-12600-001.sip.ld is not compatible with the phone!

Then it says:

loading application

Running...

App = 4.0.2/sip.ld

But, when the phone is loaded it is still running 3.3.4.sip.ld

I have followed the procedure to the T for what files to put where and I cannot for the life of me get this phone to load 4.0.2

I have gotten the phone to upgrade without issue from 3.2.4 to 3.3.4

Searches throught the FAQ provided similar issues but none of the resolutions seem to apply, unless I missed some threads.

Any help is appreciated as I don't want to have to add a case to support without proper need.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Soundpoint IP 650 sip.ld issue

Hello Telco,

this is most likely something in your setup.

Usually we recommend FTP as a provisioning server.

Create a new user, dump the unzipped file in the directory assigned to this user and point the phone to this account.

The Logs will tell you what files are being loaded. Maybe you are not using the supplied 00000000000.cfg 

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello Telco,

this is most likely something in your setup.

Usually we recommend FTP as a provisioning server.

Create a new user, dump the unzipped file in the directory assigned to this user and point the phone to this account.

The Logs will tell you what files are being loaded. Maybe you are not using the supplied 00000000000.cfg 

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
Telco-T
Advisor

It was in our setup, using a MetaSwitch SIP PS it appears they needed an upgrade on the server. The upgrade took but now we continue to get a speed mismatch when talking to the Adtran NetVanta that we weren't getting prior to the phone upgrade. Is there known bugs with this release that craters the NIC?

Message 3 of 3