Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Soundpoint IP - Making Local Directory Volatile

pjr
Occasional Advisor

Soundpoint IP - Making Local Directory Volatile

Hi

In previous implementations using older firmware we were able to make the local directory on Soundpoint IP phones volatile by specifying the values below in the configuration template.

<directory>
      <dirLocal dir.local.volatile.2meg="0" dir.local.nonVolatile.maxSize.2meg="20" dir.local.volatile.4meg="1" dir.local.nonVolatile.maxSize.4meg="50" dir.local.volatile.8meg="1" dir.local.nonVolatile.maxSize.8meg="100" dir.local.volatile.maxSize="200" dir.local.readonly="" dir.search.field="1"/>

Is this option possible in firmware 3.3.0 and above? If so can someone please direct me to where this is now located?

We are having to resort to formatting phones to get them to update their directories at present.

Thanks

Paul

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Soundpoint IP - Making Local Directory Volatile

Hello Paul,

any configuration that was used before UCS 3.3.0 can be converted via the cfcUtility.

Please run the utility against these parameters or the whole configuration and you will see what is removed, changed or a standard value now.

Usually the UCS 3.3.0 Release Notes should comment on these.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 2