Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Good day. I have trouble with Soundpoint IP331. When we make dialing, the phones often suddenly start rebooting.

The phones are connected to customer's asterisk. UC Software version : 4.0.10.0689, BootROM version : 5.0.10.0028.

There are about 30 units of IP331 with all same configuration and they have same rebooting issue at this moment.

We have already tried factory reset of the phone then update configration file but issue are still the same.

Upon checking of the log when the phone was rebooting, we found the following error :

013158.316|sys  |*|03|  NAME        ENTRY       TID    PRI   STATUS      PC       SP     ERRNO  DELAY
013158.316|sys  |*|03|tApp1      94067cc4     956e0f50 170 SUSPEND    940a4760 956e0660  380003     0

Can someone advise us what is the ERRNO 38003?

We also found some differences between log file which is including rebooting(log file - A)  and not including rebooting(log file -B)

Log file - A
ACK message : 
013158.002|sip  |0|03|    ACK sip:213@192.168.xxx.xxx SIP/2.0

After ACK message, the log file -A  showed this log.
013158.054|net  |2|03|NWIF: nw_setlocalhold() - setting local hold (0) 2.

013158.326|sys  |6|03|soSystemLogException logging complete, rebooting...

However, Lof file - B it appears different log movement.
Log file - B
Ack message : 
010923.896|sip  |0|03|    ACK sip:213@192.168.xxx.xxx SIP/2.0

i). Before ACK messeage, the log file -B showed this log.

010923.630|app1 |1|03|[AppUiC]: updated call statistics, Rx=0, Tx=0

ii). After ACK, the log file -B showed this log.
010923.950|net  |2|03|NWIF: nw_setlocalhold() - setting local hold (0) 1.

What difference between A and B is, setting local hold(0) 1 and 2.

Can someone advise us what is the difference this message?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello Cloud PBX Support,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

You should try UC Software 4.0.11 and if that shows the same behaviour open a support ticket.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post your phone's MAC address so I can look up who would be able to support you.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Steffen, thank you for your replying.

We have already asked our reseller in US about this issue but its very slow response and no constructive advise thats why I am posting here.

We will try to upgrade to Software 4.0.11 but can you tell me if there is anything you can read from above error log message as we need to explain to our client about the cause of this error.

Here is one of MAC address that have the issue.

MAC address :00:04:F2:5A:4E:AB

Thank you

HP Recommended

Hello Cloud PBX Support,

SCANSOURCE COMMUNICATIONS sold this phone back in 13/12/2014 so it is out of warranty.

You therefore need to open a Pay Per Incident ticket with Polycom directly for this.

You only posted a little snippet of a log and out support team would require the whole techdump.

I believe this is in the interest of your customer to get this to the attention of Polycom support.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.