Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

Is there any support on the Soundpoint UC models (Soundpoint 450 with UC 4.0.1 fw in this case) and the ability for hold music via uri in a MS Lync environment?

Here is what we are attempting to do. We setup an asterisk server be our sip music on hold device, so when we dial 1001, Lync routes the call to asterisk and we automatically get the music on hold playback. To take it a step further, we have made modifications to the config file of the polycom phone to voIpProt.SIP.musicOnHold.uri set to moh@ourdomain.com per the UC Software Admin Guide 4.0.1.

We have tested from the phone to make sure that sip uri works by dialing a sip extension from the phone sip:moh@ourdomain.com and that works as well. The problem is that when we try to place a caller on hold from the Polycom phone, all the other party hears is silence.

Suggestions?

Thanks you.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello Vitaly,

please be aware that LYNC is only supported with Basic Features in the Initial Release.

Did you specify the ;transport=tls as advised in the UCS 4.0.1 Admin Guide ?

Example: voIpProt.SIP.musicOnHold.uri="moh@ourdomain.com;transport=tls"

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

I initially didnt add the tls option (didnt see it in the documentation) but I just tested it and it did not seem to have any change.

Please see the lyncshared config for your verification of the file and syntax.

http://pastebin.com/QuAzmEMm

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi Vitaly,

again, the LYNC support is very basic and I would advise you to raise this via your Polycom Reseller so it will be brought to the attention of the Polycom Global Services Support organization that can work with you on this.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.