Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Soundpoint Watchdog mechanism

Advisor

Soundpoint Watchdog mechanism

When we enable extra logging on the soundpoint phones, we see some messages referring to a watchdog timer expiring.

I looked in the admin guide and there is no mention of watchdog, except for one passing reference to wdog module in the logging levels.

Is there any setting available to control watchdog settings.

We have been lately running into issues with phones locking up randomly, and the only solution to resetting them being to unplug the POE cable. It would be nice if there was a watchdog mechanism that we could use to auto reset the phone on lockup.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Soundpoint Watchdog mechanism

Hello ritesx,

I would gather as much Information and Details and provide all log and configuration files to your Local Polycom Reseller for further support.

You would be counteracting by continuously resetting the phone as the issue is most likely either caused by a wrong parameter or wrong configuration files used depending on the Software you are using.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 4
Advisor

Thanks and Yes, fixing the issue is what I would definitely perfer.

But if you put configuration issues aside (which we have already spent considerable time looking into), Polycom firmware has had random reboot issues in the past, if you look at recent release notes (3.3.1) there is mention of random reboots being fixed, that is not to say it was the end of it.

I am looking for is a handy stop gap measure (if at all available) until the issue(phone lockups) is found and fixed.

Message 3 of 4
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello ritesx,

work with your local Polycom Reseller to log a support ticket with Polycom Support.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 4