Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Soundpoint and Lync

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Soundpoint and Lync

Is there a plan to make the Soundpoint phones (331, 450, 550) compatible with Microsoft Lync?

I understand that Polycom has Lync Optimized phones, but we are looking for standard SIP and Lync compatible phones so we are not locked down to just Lync in the future.

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: SoundBits and Lync

Hello Vitaliy,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The upcoming UCS 4.0.1 release will bring basic LYNC support to around 15 different current Polycom SoundPoint/SoundStation phones.

Once released I will post this here and the model's supported.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Hello Vitaliy,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The upcoming UCS 4.0.1 release will bring basic LYNC support to around 15 different current Polycom SoundPoint/SoundStation phones.

Once released I will post this here and the model's supported.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi Steffen,

Thank you for the quick reply. Is there an estimated or projected date for the release of UCS 4.0.1?

Thank you

Message 3 of 5
Highlighted

Hello Vitaliy,

according to the forecast it should be days not weeks.

This is still subject to final approval so keep your eye on the Forum for the announcement.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------

----------------

Message 4 of 5
Highlighted

Hello Vitaly,

this has now been released.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------

----------------

Message 5 of 5