Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Soundpoint650 + Hook Switch Adapter APP-5 +Plantronics CS55 wireless headset

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Soundpoint650 + Hook Switch Adapter APP-5 +Plantronics CS55 wireless headset

Plantronics can't help me so I want to ask the Polycom Community for help.

I have a Polycom Spountpint IP 650 ( BootRom 4.1.1.0232)
an Hook Switch Adapter APP-5
and a Plantronics CS55 Wireless headset.

The phone is setup using Analog Headset Regular mode.

The problem is when the phone rings you can't answer the call using the call/control button on the headset you will need to press the headset button on the phone

When you press the button on the headset you can hear a click of a relay but it will not pick up the line.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Soundpoint650 + Hook Switch Adapter APP-5 +Plantronics CS55 wireless headset

Hello birkey,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Did you check => this <= Document  from the Feature Descriptions & Technical Notifications page?

Page 4 Quote:

"Plantronics

To use electronic hookswitch, the Savi Office Series models must be equipped with a Plantronics APP-50 cable (Plantronics SKU 38439-01) while the CS Series must be equipped with a Plantronics APP-5 cable (Plantronics SKU 38438-01).

The following models are compatible:

• Savi Office Series (WO100, WO200, WO300, WO350 only)

• CS Series (50, 55, 60, 70N, 261N, 351N only)"

It seems you are using the correct Adapter for your Headset.

As you have not stated what UCS/SIP Software you are running I recommend the UCS 3.3.0 Admin Guide from => here <= as this mentions the following on Page A - 120:

up.analogHeadsetOption

Selects optional external hardware for use with a headset attached to the phone's analog headset jack.

If set to 0, no compatible headset is attached.

If set to 1, a DHSG-compatible headset is attached and can be used as an electronic hookswitch.

If set to 2, a Plantronics compatible headset is attached and can be used an electronic hookswitch.

I would recommend to contact your Polycom Reseller and/or Polycom Support in order to get further assistance if needed.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services 

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 2