Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Plantronics can't help me so I want to ask the Polycom Community for help.

I have a Polycom Spountpint IP 650 ( BootRom 4.1.1.0232)
an Hook Switch Adapter APP-5
and a Plantronics CS55 Wireless headset.

The phone is setup using Analog Headset Regular mode.

The problem is when the phone rings you can't answer the call using the call/control button on the headset you will need to press the headset button on the phone

When you press the button on the headset you can hear a click of a relay but it will not pick up the line.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello birkey,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Did you check => this <= Document  from the Feature Descriptions & Technical Notifications page?

Page 4 Quote:

"Plantronics

To use electronic hookswitch, the Savi Office Series models must be equipped with a Plantronics APP-50 cable (Plantronics SKU 38439-01) while the CS Series must be equipped with a Plantronics APP-5 cable (Plantronics SKU 38438-01).

The following models are compatible:

• Savi Office Series (WO100, WO200, WO300, WO350 only)

• CS Series (50, 55, 60, 70N, 261N, 351N only)"

It seems you are using the correct Adapter for your Headset.

As you have not stated what UCS/SIP Software you are running I recommend the UCS 3.3.0 Admin Guide from => here <= as this mentions the following on Page A - 120:

up.analogHeadsetOption

Selects optional external hardware for use with a headset attached to the phone's analog headset jack.

If set to 0, no compatible headset is attached.

If set to 1, a DHSG-compatible headset is attached and can be used as an electronic hookswitch.

If set to 2, a Plantronics compatible headset is attached and can be used an electronic hookswitch.

I would recommend to contact your Polycom Reseller and/or Polycom Support in order to get further assistance if needed.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services 

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.