Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I recently purchased and setup a SoundStation IP 5000.  It is working on a line to line basis, but when I put someone on hold and dial another line, it puts the first person on hold, and it doesn't give the Join option.

I am able to put both lines on hold, and it adds them into what sounds like conference call without the main line. 

Notes: I don't see the numbers on the top right of the phone that show how many calls are on hold, so I am unable to cycle through the calls, and I am missing the Join SK.

Any ideas?

---- 

SoundStation IP 5000
UC Software Version     4.0.9.0509
BootROM Software Version     5.0.9.0001

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Nothing?  For a week?  No one can answer why the phone is missing the soft key that is described in the manual for the device?

I just returned the SoundStation 5000.

HP Recommended

Hello jeremiahW,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I am unsure how you set this phone up but a standard configuration following this community's VoIP FAQ this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: Can I register or is my Polycom Phone compatible with a “XYZ” SIP Server?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

should be sufficient to get this phone registered and working.

Dialing one number and then placing it on hold to dial the 2nd Number will offer this screen:

As you can see the top right corner indicates the amount of calls being active

Now simply pressing the More softkey will offer this:

All of the above was set on a factory defaulted phone.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I have everything registered and it is working to make a single line call.

When I place that first line on hold is where things get awry.

When I am on a call I have 4 soft keys:

Hold - End Call - Trnsfer - Confrnc

I press the Hold Button and then I am given these options:

Resume - End Call - Trnsfer - Confrnc

The same thing happens when I press the confernc button.  It places the person on hold, and when I dial the next extension, there is no Join or More button, just the same Hold - End Call - Trnsfer - Confrnc buttons.

I have it set up as a sip device with a username and password.  I am using Mitel ICP3300 and as I said, it works to make the call, but the conference part of this conference phone isn't working.

HP Recommended

Hello jeremiahW,

I can only assume that you either have programmed something else like only 1 call per line or similar or made some other changes to the phone prior to following the above simple instructions.

I can only recommend to factory default the unit, follow the above easy registration post and check again.

If it still fails please work with your Mitel support team.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.