Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We have this Polycom Soundstation IP 5000 which was given to us by a friend. We are trying to register this with our Phone provider. They can not registerd this phone , we have tried to look for the : "Cancel " button during the power recycle and during the upload to get to the Factory default . We also have tried to use the "Advanced" setup feature to reset files and the device on the IP5000. Now system is keep resetting mode and can not complete the boot cycle. It is in the loop , we have wonder may be there is firmware change caused this issue.

If any one can help us to get out of this issue will be highly appriciated.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello ASiddiqi,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

• Did this phone work before you have received this ?
  • What message appears on the screen?
    Can you upload a video?
  • What is the MAC address of the phone? Usually starts with 0004F or 64167F

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

After doing a local config reset (1,3,5,7)  I get “uploading log file” then it reboots again and goes into an infinite loop “waiting for network to initialize” > loading application > could not connect to boot server, using local config> running “sip.id” > brings up the IP address > config file error x40200

I even changed the DHCP boot server option to Option 66 vs option 66 + custom, then reboot and it just sits in ‘waiting for network to initialize” > goes through same loop.

I think the 1,3,5 and 7 just resets local .config..is there a way to do a hard reset without accessing the menu (since I cannot access the phone menu at any time) ?

Is there a way to do a hard reset, since I never get to the acutal menu of the phone.

1. yes this phone used to work before at another carrier.

2.Error, application is not present, no nothing can stop the self booting function

3. 0004F2E7113A0

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello ASiddiqi,

I could not find any record of 0004F2E7113A0 and in addition it is one digit to long. Even using a wildcard on part of the serial does not find the device.

You stated you changed the BootServer Options but did not provide details if you actually pointed it at a valid provisioning server.

Also I am working with these phones all day and there is either a Countdown with a Setup Softkey or a Cancel Softkey and then a Countdown with a Setup Softkey.

Your phone has had its filesystem formatted by someone or the upgrade process interrupted.

Both the error messages should be covered by our FAQ.

The Key Combination quoted must be pressed during the Countdown process or it will not work. All that archives is resetting it to its factory settings but you will need to load a new software on the phone.

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Sorry the correct MAC address of the device is: 0004F2E71BA0

HP Recommended

Hello ASiddiqi,

could you check my previous reply in regards of resetting and providing a server?

In regards to the device itself it was sold back in 15/07/2010 via Fonality Inc. so as it is around 6 years old it could also be defective as I do not have any history about it.

It may be unlikely if you follow the above given steps and simply flash a new software on it but you may want to consider this.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.