Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We have a handful of these models that are all displaying the same behavior. Every morning when I come in each of these devices display the Polycom logo. I am unable to access them from the device or web. The only way to get them back is to manually reboot them (unplugging the Ethernet cord).

The Phone Lock setting is set to disable on each device. Can anyone explain what is going on?

Thanks,

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello Hayden,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

Before I answer above query could I kindly remind you to follow up or provide some kind of feedback or even mark as solution provided any prior post's.

In regards to your new post it is always useful to provide the currently used software version.

A good staring point would be to check the <mac>-app.log for any error messages in regards of configuration parameters. The phone GUI in the status menu should also be consulted.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

UC Software Version 4.1.0.84959

BootROM Software Version 5.1.0.73960 (we have multiple BootROM versions)

The phone works great (even with Lync) except for the fact that I have to manually reboot it everyday.

HP Recommended

Hello Hayden,

Please be aware of the following when utilizing UCS 4.1.0 or later:

The use of Polycom UC Software versions 4.1.X (“Software”) requires the purchase of a separate Software license for every device that will use the Software in a Lync environment. You may not install, access, or use the Software in a Lync environment on more devices than are listed on your license until additional licenses have been purchased and authorized by Polycom. These licenses should be purchased from the same company from which you purchased the devices. You may operate devices against a Lync server for trial purposes for up to 30 days without purchasing a license. Use of the Software is subject to the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement.

Polycom reserves the right to audit your deployment to verify that you have sufficient licenses to match the number of devices being used.

Not being sure of your comment "even with Lync" as it leaves the impression that you may use LYNC and SIP which is not supported.

Please clarify the above and ensure you have a valid license if LYNC only and follow this up with your Polycom reseller and/or Polycom support directly.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

We have valid licenses for Lync. That's not the issue. The issue is with the phone freezing every night and having to manually reboot.

HP Recommended

Hello Hayden,

then the following is applicable:

• A good staring point would be to check the <mac>-app.log for any error messages in regards of configuration parameters. The phone GUI in the status menu should also be consulted

• Are you using LYNC only or LYNC and SIP

• follow this up with your Polycom reseller and/or Polycom support directly.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Polycom ticket 1-400565141. According to the engineering team, the phone initially uses NTLM to authenticate. After receiving the certificate, it then tries to switch over to the TLS DSK method, which for some unknown reason is failing. Until they determine a long term fix, disabling TLS DSK by adding voIpProt.SIP.tlsDsk.enable="0" has worked for us. They also mentioned other customers having this issue. Just wanted to pass it along to others. Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.