Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Soundstation 5000 and 6000 - Firmware

James191
Occasional Visitor

Soundstation 5000 and 6000 - Firmware

I am looking at upgrading the firmware and UC software on an IP5000 and 6000. Could someone confirm which are the latest supported versions for each model please? It isn't entirely clear as i have seen conflicting information.

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Soundstation 5000 and 6000 - Firmware

Hello James191,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

The currently latest supported SIP software is UC Software 4.0.9

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 4
James191
Occasional Visitor

Thanks for the reply.

The website seems to suggest UC 4.1.1 is the latest for the IP5000, however it lists 4.0.9 for the IP6000 as you stated, which is why i'm confused.

Can you also confirm the BootROM version for each model too?

Message 3 of 4
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello James,

again I can only refer to the VoIP FAQ as contains this post here:

Jun 30, 2015 Question:What is the difference using the UC Software 4.0.0 for compatible SoundPoint or SoundStation IP Phones?

Resolution: Please always check the release Notes or

Software Version  Call Server
4.0.X SIP Only
4.1.X LYNC Only

Please ensure you always check the community FAQ and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up post’s.

The latest Updater / Upgrader (Old name BootROM) is currently 5.0.8

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 4 of 4