Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have a soundstation IP 7000 with external microphones, but they don't work at all.

The main unit is great and we love it.

The main unit is not currently powered POE but just plugs in using the power supply provided

The Microphones don't have any lights on The microphones don't pick up sound even in the device diagnostic test

Am I doing something wrong? Have reflashed the unit with the latest software. Any help is much appreciated. Walter

[Moved and edited by a Moderator]

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi Rdn,

Welcome to the Polycom Community.

I would refer you to your reseller as without looking at log Files it is hard to verify why the phone is not detecting the external mics. if you have a provisioning server, you can simply grab and have a look at the <mac-boot.log> and <mac-app.log> files.

You can open it in wordpad to see if you have usual activities.

It might probably be that you're using an incompatible microphone version or simply that the c-link cable is faulty. It would be good to test the mics on another SSIP7000 in case you have another unit or simply swap the c-link cable.

Best Regards,

HP Recommended

Same thing.  Brand new unit - (custom installed into a conference room table) and Satellites don't work.  Main difference is we ARE using POE.  Sound test shows no activity.  This is not something a mac-boot-log file will resolve.  Plug them in - they should work. .... Seriously?

HP Recommended
Hello wired,

welcome to the Polycom community.

As the previous poster already mentioned in order to troubleshooting this installation the logs need to be consulted and possibly the log level for clink lowered.

As this kind of troubleshooting a installation is outside the scope of Polycom employee within this community I would advise you to contact your Reseller directly.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services
------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Had the same issue I plugged them in and nothing would work

Found out the issue is with the mic cable you need to have the part with the nub facing the table on both sides, then the mics will come on any other way they just do not work

HP Recommended

Hello Rnowaczynski,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The clink cables should only be plugged in one way. Using excessive force can enable a user to plug them in the wrong way around.

Looking at the plug the mechanical design should show that is has a specific shape that should only plug in a certain way.

Thanks for following up on this older post so other users hopefully do not make the same mistake.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

So this is the place to be if you need help with your system. The end user will get you on your way. As far as polycom support goes.....ITS A JOKE. Most cable to the external Mics come with a white tab taped to one end. Make sure this end is plugged into the main unit. Why they don’t display this, or explain it, OR even tell us to check this in the FIRST STEPS IN TROUBLE SHOOTING. Polycom support get some training. You waist a lot of peoples time!!!!

HP Recommended

thank you very much for that VERY IMPORTANT tidbit!

white tab should face the unit!

Now our microphones are working!!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.