Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have a soundstation 7000 that when pluged into a POE source lights up, shows the polycom logo. then tunrs off and reboots. I have tried a couple poe switches and a dedicated poe injsector and all have the same affect except the injusector never repowers the device after the first time it turns off unless unpluged and repluged in.

we acwired this soundstation in a acuasition of another company and no one seems to know when or who it was bought from so my chances of having warrenty are pretty slim.

Is there any kind of hardware reset or firmware flashing that can be done through the servie port? Is this thing just trash at this point?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello Guentha,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Please post a serial number aka the MAC address of both devices so I can check this for you.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

MAC: 0004F2EB676C

HP Recommended

Hello Guentha,

This SSIP 7000 was sold by NEXTUSA back in 15/03/2011 and not knowing the circumstances or the environment it is hard to judge.

The Unit needs to be RMA'ed which is not free as the unit is 4 years out of warranty and over 5 years old.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

what is the process to RMA an out of warranty device and how much will it cost? Is it worth fixing or should we scrap it and buy a new one.

HP Recommended

Hello Guentha,

Prices depend on your region so please call your local support.

If its scrap I would suggest purchasing a RealPresence Trio instead.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.