Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Soundstation IP 5000 TLS/SSL Versions

Occasional Visitor

Soundstation IP 5000 TLS/SSL Versions

Hello,

How can one disable SSL Version 2 & 3 on Soundstation IP 5000?
For security reasons we wish to push for TLS 1.1 or higher.

Running version: 4.0.7.4180

Best regards

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Soundstation IP 5000 TLS/SSL Versions

Hello @Guest1930 ,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

UC Software 4.0.7 is no longer supported and you would need to update the phone to the latest UC Software 4.0.14

Usually the TLS Version supported by the hardware can be selected via the Web Interface Settings > Network > TLS > TLS Applications > Minimum TLS Version

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 5
Occasional Visitor

After upgrade to version 4.0.14.1388 it worked for us to select TLS version.

Message 3 of 5
Occasional Visitor

Hello Steffen,

We've now tried it on another model as well and it didn't work. The previos ones are Soundstation IP 5000 and this one is 7000. Tried version 4.0.14.1388 and 4.0.14.0987 and we can only choose version 1.0 but we need 1.1 or 1.2.

Do you know the reason why it doesn't work for model 7000?

Thanks.

Message 4 of 5
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello @Guest1930 ,

This is specifically noted in the release notes as example:

• The permitted values for Polycom SoundStation IP 7000 conference phones are TLSv1_0 (default)

This is a hardware limitation.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 5 of 5