Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Soundstation IP 6000: Cannot Connect to boot server using existing configuration

SOLVED
Occasional Contributor

Soundstation IP 6000: Cannot Connect to boot server using existing configuration

Two of my Soundstation IP 6000 phones cannot connect to boot server using existing configuration, error loading <ethernet address>.cfg and the phone keeps rebooting.

I tried rebooting the phone myself but to no avail.

Please what do you suggest?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Soundstation IP 6000: Cannot Connect to boot server using existing configuration

Hello dmkpuje,

my prior response to your other post already highlighted the Community FAQ

The existence of such is quite common for internet forums and can be used if the community search does not deliver the relevant search results.

For you new above question the community's VoIP => FAQ <= again contains this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: I get the error Message “Could not contact boot server” on my phones screen
Resolution: Please check => here <=

it also contains

Oct 10, 2012 Question: I get the error Message "error loading 00xxxxxxxxxx.cfg" and then Phone continues to reboot

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please check the above and before posting any new topics ensure you exhausted the community search and checked against the community FAQ.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 2