Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Soundstation IP 6000 rebooting during calls

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Soundstation IP 6000 rebooting during calls

I have a user saying that their IP 6000 is rebooting in the midst of calls.  The phone info is below.  Any ideas why this is happening?  Are there certain timers that would override an active call?

Phone Model SoundStation IP 6000

Part Number 3111-15600-001 Rev. B        

SIP Software Version 3.3.3.0069

BootROM Software Version 4.3.1.0887

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Soundstation IP 6000 rebooting during calls

Hello Davidk,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

A good starting point would be to run a current Software. This is either UCS 3.3.5 or UCS 4.0.4

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Once above is setup a log file will be written to the server that you can check against any issues.

In addition, once update and factory reset, I suggest just to follow this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: Can I register or is my Polycom Phone compatible with a “XYZ” SIP Server?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello Davidk,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

A good starting point would be to run a current Software. This is either UCS 3.3.5 or UCS 4.0.4

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?

Once above is setup a log file will be written to the server that you can check against any issues.

In addition, once update and factory reset, I suggest just to follow this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: Can I register or is my Polycom Phone compatible with a “XYZ” SIP Server?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Thank you!  Yes, since upgrading the software on the IP 6000 phones, we have not had any more problems.

Message 3 of 3