Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Soundstation IP 6000 won't boot up on new Cisco Catalyst

Visitor

Soundstation IP 6000 won't boot up on new Cisco Catalyst

Hello,

Switched out a Cisco closet switch over the weekend and crossed our SS IP6000 Polycom's to the new Cisco 9410R switch.  6 out of 8 wound only boot to the deathly red blinking lights or blink once and no lights on both the old and new switches.  Went and upgraded the FW to the latest 4.0.14 (SIP Polycom).  Then with the IP6000 power supply kit (2200-42740-001) or crossing it back to the old Cisco switch it boots up just fine!  Cannot get past the new 9410R PoE.  Tried changing the port speed from Auto Negotiate to 100 FD, 10 FD...did not help.  Cisco TAC case came back with only to get some mention of Avaya 1692 Conf. phones...."this model does not comply with IEEE standard and there is no issue with POE negotiation on Cisco side." 

Thanks for any help.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Soundstation IP 6000 won't boot up on new Cisco Catalyst

Hello @kentmaltby,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

A good starting point could be the MAC addresses of the working and non working units so we could try and check internally if there is any difference from a hardware revision perspective.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 4
Visitor

Thanks Steffen,

MACs that work and unaffected by the new switches:

0004F2EC9B75

0004F2E485D5

MACS that bit the dust/ went red blinking:

0004F2E473FC

0004F2E47469

0004F2E41F60

Message 3 of 4
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello @kentmaltby,

I would need to investigate this internally as the dates are quite close but this is what we have on record:

0004F2EC9B75   GBH Communications Inc.            14/10/2011

0004F2E485D5   Hello Direct                                         26/05/2010

0004F2E473FC    GBH Communications Inc.            25/03/2010

0004F2E47469    GBH Communications Inc.            25/03/2010

0004F2E41F60    SCANSOURCE COMMUNICATIONS           16/03/2009

The units are 7-9 years old so over a period of time various electronic components can degrade. I suggest it is time to update your infrastructure as these are all well out of warranty.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 4