Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

Switched out a Cisco closet switch over the weekend and crossed our SS IP6000 Polycom's to the new Cisco 9410R switch.  6 out of 8 wound only boot to the deathly red blinking lights or blink once and no lights on both the old and new switches.  Went and upgraded the FW to the latest 4.0.14 (SIP Polycom).  Then with the IP6000 power supply kit (2200-42740-001) or crossing it back to the old Cisco switch it boots up just fine!  Cannot get past the new 9410R PoE.  Tried changing the port speed from Auto Negotiate to 100 FD, 10 FD...did not help.  Cisco TAC case came back with only to get some mention of Avaya 1692 Conf. phones...."this model does not comply with IEEE standard and there is no issue with POE negotiation on Cisco side." 

Thanks for any help.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @kentmaltby,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

A good starting point could be the MAC addresses of the working and non working units so we could try and check internally if there is any difference from a hardware revision perspective.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks Steffen,

MACs that work and unaffected by the new switches:

0004F2EC9B75

0004F2E485D5

MACS that bit the dust/ went red blinking:

0004F2E473FC

0004F2E47469

0004F2E41F60

HP Recommended

Hello @kentmaltby,

I would need to investigate this internally as the dates are quite close but this is what we have on record:

0004F2EC9B75   GBH Communications Inc.            14/10/2011

0004F2E485D5   Hello Direct                                         26/05/2010

0004F2E473FC    GBH Communications Inc.            25/03/2010

0004F2E47469    GBH Communications Inc.            25/03/2010

0004F2E41F60    SCANSOURCE COMMUNICATIONS           16/03/2009

The units are 7-9 years old so over a period of time various electronic components can degrade. I suggest it is time to update your infrastructure as these are all well out of warranty.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.