Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Soundstation IP 7000 Updating BootROM Hang

jimberkman
Occasional Visitor

Soundstation IP 7000 Updating BootROM Hang

Hello, 

I'm helping a non-profit I volunteer with fix a problem with their IP 7000 conference room phone. The phone had been unplugged for a few months while moving, and when plugged back in, it got stuck on a screen that said: "Updating BootROM please wait". It has now been plugged into the network for about a week, and continues to be stuck on this screen. When the network cable (with PoE) is unplugged and plugged back in, it goes right back to this screen. The service provider we are using is RingCentral. 

Thanks in advance for the help!

Jim

1 REPLY 1
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Soundstation IP 7000 Updating BootROM Hang

Hello Jim

Search for the below FAQ post

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

It explains how to setup your own server and this will also enable the phone to upload the logs

Replied via a mobile device
----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 2