Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I bought a second hand Soundstation IP 7000 last week which seems to have the settings of the previous owner. I would like to return it to factory default but this can only be done using the admin password which I don't have. I have tried the boot option (1357) with the password which I'm probably not allow to mention here, this seems to work but after booting the settings seem to reappear. So I'm looking for a definitive way to erase all settings and start using the phone.

Can someone point me to a howto guide?

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello vespino,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

We do not disclose within this official Polycom community how to reset the Phones if the Admin Password is lost.

Many of our partners utilize these phones and offer services so we cannot publicly disclose the procedure to do so.

If your phone is still able to connect to the Provisioning server please reset the password via the Device Parameters documented in the Admin Guide or here

The above is also stated in the Read First: Welcome to the Polycom VoIP Forum

If this is not possible please contact your Polycom reseller or the person you purchased the phone from.

We will remove any post replying to this that will publicly explain how to remove the password.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks for getting back to me. The page you are refering to assumes I know the admin password, but this is not the case. I have reset the phone (at least I think) in the way which I can't explain here but you know what I'm refering to. When booting 2 or 3 times it shows "Updating initial configuration" for a couple or minutes, after which is says "could not contact boot server using original configuration" and then returns to the settings which the device came with.

Any ideas?

HP Recommended

Hello vespino,

If the unit can still register to the "old" server either via a DHCP Option or ZTP it will always restore the changed password.

If you setup a local FTP account and set to a static boot server (all explained in the FAQs) you will be able to load a new configuration.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Can't seem to find a setting pointing to an ftp server, but nothing that looks like an external server, only the default ftp user (plcm....) with the server set to null. Would it help to set this server to 127.0.0.1?

HP Recommended

Hello vespino,

I believe I have given you enough information and the rest is in the FAQ.

We cannot tell you how to reset the unit as already outlined.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Strange I'm refered to the forum by your customer service, but no one is willing to help but is only pointing to FAQ which I already found myself and is clearly not helping me. Beginning to regret buying the device.

HP Recommended

Hello vespino,

You purchased a 2nd hand device so that is an issue as the seller should have reset it for you.

We from Polycom cannot tell you within this community how to reset the unit as we need to protect our customers investment. If you would have a new unit it would be different as our support team or your reseller would have told you.

I cannot stop you to utilize a well known search engine and search somewhere else.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Sad, other brands have perfect support, even for second hand. Ah well, I will turn to Google then.

HP Recommended

Hello vespino,

I already explained in my original post why we do not do this.

This topic is closed.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.