Soundstation IP5000 rebooting when downloading BootROM

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Soundstation IP5000 rebooting when downloading BootROM

As the title suggests I have a Soundstation IP5000 that will not install the BootROM update.

It currently does not have any application installed, it's only occasionally attempting to find the application image 3111-30900-001.sip.ld/sip.ld (version 4.0.14 from here).

It's BootROM version is 4.3.1 and I'm trying to install 4.4.0B from here

It is able to connect to the TFTP server and can find the files 3111-30900-001.bootrom.ld and bootrom.ld but it always reboots when it is only half-way downloaded, It also randomly reboots when in the settings menu, there is no error message.

The TFTP server is running via dnsmasq and I can confirm that I am able to pull the files via a desktop.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Soundstation IP5000 rebooting when downloading BootROM

Hello @MattyS,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

This could have many reasons aka Firewall, Anti Virus etc.

I always suggest to use FTP instead of TFTP

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

The above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 6
Occasional Visitor

The issue has nothing to do with the firewall or TFTP as it is able to connect to the TFTP server and successfully download the 000000000000.cfg file and the download for 3111-30900-001.bootrom.ld starts but crashes half-way, also a firewall would not explain the random crashes while in the settings menu. Using FTP instead of TFTP is not ideal as it would require installing additional packages which isn't worth it for a single phone.
Message 3 of 6

Hello @MattyS,

Not knowing the history of the device or where it came from or how it got into this state I can only assume it is either faulty or the PoE port or external Power does not deliver enough to power the unit.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 6
Occasional Visitor

It happens when on POE and when using the external power supply.
Message 5 of 6

Hello @MattyS,

Again you are not providing answers to all questions.

I suggest you raise a case.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

End Customers are unable to open a ticket directly with Polycom support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post either your phone's MAC address or your Polycom devices serial so I can look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Polycom device from.

If the unit is no longer within warranty please be prepared to Pay Per Incident / PPI. This is all outlined in detail here

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

Message 6 of 6