Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Soundstation IP5000

SOLVED
Chromeplated
Occasional Contributor

Soundstation IP5000

Hello,

I just purchased an IP5000 conference phone, and we are using a CS1000 phone system without SIP. Our other VOIP phones are Avaya 1120's. In configuring those I just add the TN to the handset, and it will pickup the extension and server information from DHCP.

Can this phone be configured, in a similiar manner or do I have to be running SIP to get this phone to work?

Thank You

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Soundstation IP5000

Hello Chromeplated,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The SoundStaion IP5000, like most of our SoundStation IP, SoundPoint IP or VVX Business Media Phones, support only SIP.

There is no other way than trying to set this up using a SIP Extension.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Soundstation IP5000

Hello Chromeplated,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The SoundStaion IP5000, like most of our SoundStation IP, SoundPoint IP or VVX Business Media Phones, support only SIP.

There is no other way than trying to set this up using a SIP Extension.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2