Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I recently updgraded a few of our Polycom Soundstation IP7000 phones to the latest software revision, 4.01b.  Now, when a users presses a key on the dialpad (0-9,*,or #) when the phone is idle, the phone will reboot. Is there a fix?

Thanks,

JoeR

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello JoeR,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

This sounds most likely like a configuration issue where you have possibly loaded old configuration files.

Format the file system, do not load any additional files and delete the <mac>-phone.cfg and <mac>-web.cfg of your provisioning server and just follow these simple instructions => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I blew out all of my config files, app files, etc.  Downloaded 4.01b and started from scratch.  After I start entering settings files, the reboot problem returns.  Am I doing something wrong in my config files?  There is nothing that stands out in the app or boot logs.  I've included my config files below:

000000000000.cfg

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<!-- Default Master SIP Configuration File-->
<!-- For information on configuring Polycom VoIP phones please refer to the -->
<!-- Configuration File Management white paper available from: -->
<!-- http://www.polycom.com/common/documents/whitepapers/configuration_file_management_on_soundpoint_ip_p... -->
<!-- $RCSfile: 000000000000.cfg,v $  $Revision: 1.30 $ -->
<APPLICATION APP_FILE_PATH="sip.ld" CONFIG_FILES="IP7Kdefaults.cfg,reg-[PHONE_MAC_ADDRESS].cfg" MISC_FILES="" LOG_FILE_DIRECTORY="Log" OVERRIDES_DIRECTORY="Override" CONTACTS_DIRECTORY="Contacts" LICENSE_DIRECTORY="License" USER_PROFILES_DIRECTORY="User_Profiles" CALL_LISTS_DIRECTORY="Call_Lists">
  <APPLICATION_SPIP300 APP_FILE_PATH_SPIP300="sip_213.ld" CONFIG_FILES_SPIP300="phone1_213.cfg, sip_213.cfg" />
  <APPLICATION_SPIP500 APP_FILE_PATH_SPIP500="sip_213.ld" CONFIG_FILES_SPIP500="phone1_213.cfg, sip_213.cfg" />
  <APPLICATION_SPIP301 APP_FILE_PATH_SPIP301="sip_316.ld" CONFIG_FILES_SPIP301="phone1_316.cfg, sip_316.cfg" />
  <APPLICATION_SPIP320 APP_FILE_PATH_SPIP320="sip_330.ld" CONFIG_FILES_SPIP320="phone1_330.cfg, sip_330.cfg" />
  <APPLICATION_SPIP330 APP_FILE_PATH_SPIP330="sip_330.ld" CONFIG_FILES_SPIP330="phone1_330.cfg, sip_330.cfg" />
  <APPLICATION_SPIP430 APP_FILE_PATH_SPIP430="sip_323.ld" CONFIG_FILES_SPIP430="phone1_323.cfg, sip_323.cfg" />
  <APPLICATION_SPIP501 APP_FILE_PATH_SPIP501="sip_316.ld" CONFIG_FILES_SPIP501="phone1_316.cfg, sip_316.cfg" />
  <APPLICATION_SPIP600 APP_FILE_PATH_SPIP600="sip_316.ld" CONFIG_FILES_SPIP600="phone1_316.cfg, sip_316.cfg" />
  <APPLICATION_SPIP601 APP_FILE_PATH_SPIP601="sip_316.ld" CONFIG_FILES_SPIP601="phone1_316.cfg, sip_316.cfg" />
  <APPLICATION_SSIP4000 APP_FILE_PATH_SSIP4000="sip_316.ld" CONFIG_FILES_SSIP4000="phone1_316.cfg, sip_316.cfg" />
</APPLICATION>

IP7Kdefaults.cfg

<!-- Generated site.cfg Configuration File -->
<polycomConfig xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="Config/polycomConfig.xsd">
  <dialplan dialplan.digitmap="911|9[2-9]11|90T|9011xxx.T|9[0-1][2-9]xxxxxxxxx|0|7xxxx|6x.T">
    <dialplan.digitmap dialplan.digitmap.timeOut="3|3|3|3|3|3"></dialplan.digitmap>
  </dialplan>
  <qos>
    <qos.ethernet>
      <qos.ethernet.callControl qos.ethernet.callControl.user_priority="6"></qos.ethernet.callControl>
      <qos.ethernet.rtp qos.ethernet.rtp.user_priority="6"></qos.ethernet.rtp>
    </qos.ethernet>
    <qos.ip>
      <qos.ip.callControl qos.ip.callControl.dscp="46">
        <qos.ip.callControl.dscp></qos.ip.callControl.dscp>
      </qos.ip.callControl>
      <qos.ip.rtp qos.ip.rtp.dscp="46"></qos.ip.rtp>
    </qos.ip>
  </qos>
  <reg reg.1.server.1.address="172.XX.XX.XX" reg.1.server.1.port="5060" reg.1.server.1.transport="TCPpreferred" reg.1.server.2.address="172.XX.XX.XX" reg.1.server.2.port="5060" reg.1.server.2.transport="TCPpreferred">
  </reg>
  <up up.localClockEnabled="0">
  </up>
</polycomConfig>

reg-ffffffffffff.cfg  <where ffffffffffff = real mac of phone>

<!-- Generated reg-basic.cfg Configuration File -->
<polycomConfig xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="Config/polycomConfig.xsd">
  <reg reg.1.auth.password="XXXX" reg.1.auth.userId="XXXXX" reg.1.label="XXX-XXX-XXXX" reg.1.address="XXXXX" reg.1.displayName="Please Help"></reg>
</polycomConfig>

Any and all assistance is very much appreciated!

JoeR

HP Recommended

Hello Joe,

above does not reflect the suggestion I made in my original reply but I have to make you aware that this community is not a replacement for the Polycom Support Structure.

Please raise this issue via your Polycom Reseller and / or Polycom support via PPI (PayPerIncident).

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you Steffen,

I'll try simplifying my config files and then open a ticket if the issue persists.  However, I'm surprised to hear that asking a support forum to review a config file is somehow inappropriate.  While your simple config file may work, it certainly does not allow me to make use of all of the features that are advertised for the device and seems like a rather half-hearted attempt to answer your customers' requests for assistance.

Thanks, anyway, for your reply,

Joe

HP Recommended

Hello Joe,

from the Homepage:

Hello and Welcome to the Polycom Community!

We’ve created this community site so you can connect and interact with your colleagues and industry experts to exchange ideas, post questions, answers and share information. Come join the discussions! Happy Posting!

Above does not specify that this community is in fact a replacement for our official Support structure.

The support Community mentions as well:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other. Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines. If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a web service request or call us.

I work for the EMEA Tier 2 VoIP Support Team and will provide limited assistance that does not go beyond real troubleshooting which is provided by our team's around the world.

Other community members are welcome to provide feedback.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hello Joe,

just a quick follow up in the interest of the Community.

I removed the:

<up up.localClockEnabled="0">
  </up>

Parameter and the Phone no longer reboots.

I will escalate this internally but you should work this with your Polycom Partner to get this to the attention of your local Polycom Support Team as well.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.