Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Soundstructure C16 - can I connect a SIP phone to it?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Soundstructure C16 - can I connect a SIP phone to it?

Hello All,

We have this soundstructure C16 polycom in the office. Our PBX vendor does not support it on our network and so I'm stuck with the problem on how I could get it functional. However, the PBX vendor suggested that since they can only support a "limited" plethora of Polycom/Siemens devices, they can configure a SIP phone for me and have this connected to the soundstructure C16 so it could be connected to the network. Not sure if this makes sense? Can somebody please help me?

Thanks,

Bernie

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Soundstructure C16 - can I connect a SIP phone to it?

Hello Bernie,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Does this SoundStructure have an analog or a SIP card within?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 7
Occasional Visitor

Hello Steffen,

Thank you so much for your response. I believe it has a card interface inserted in it. Attached is the picture. Is this the SIP card you are referring to?

Best regards,

Bernie

Hello Bernie

looks like an analog line going in there.

It should support an analog line as long as your PABX supports an analog line.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 7
Occasional Visitor

Thanks Steffan. What does it take for me to be able to use a SIP phone rather than an analog line. I have calculated some things that needs to be carried out when I do the "analog line solution" route and it involves too many steps for me. On the other hand, if i can use a SIP phone rather than an analog line, all i need to do is setup a network drop...

If I use this kind of SIP phone (picture attached), will this work?

Hello Bernie,

Yes you can use this and then simply purchase => this <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Message 6 of 7
Occasional Visitor

You rock! Thanks Steffan. I will try this!

Message 7 of 7