Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Is there a key, or a way to make a macro key for a polycom VVX phone that will function as a one touch transfer key and also as a speed dial key.  The problem we are running into is that a key that is primarialy used as a one touch transfer key may also need to be used from time to time as a speed dial key to directly call this extension from the reception desk.  We shy away from using speed dial keys as the receptionist has to first hit the transfer key before initiating a transfer to the station, a step that seems unnecessary.  We had been using Enhanced monitored extension keys, but have since changed this due to performance issues as the customer had programmed 140 of them on one phone with 2 sidecars.  Any help would be appreciated.

Also, Do you know is there a hard limit on the number of One Touch Transfer keys that can be assigned to a Polycom VVX600 phone.  We tried to change a bunch of keys over and it seems like we must have hit some type of limit as after so many keys, the rest of the keys on the sidecar simply would not display as being programmed.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @apiel1,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used UC Software version as issues experienced or a question asked may already be addressed in a newer release.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes, Administrator Guides or FAQ post’s.

The above is also stated in the "Must Read First" and is the absolute minimum requirement every new post should include. .

In addition providing us with this basic information gives Polycom an idea what Software Versions are used in the field and avoids wasting time trying to troubleshoot issues which have already been addressed.

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP or UC Software Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

I am unsure what you mean by one touch transfer but I assume this is either buddy watch or BLF but we would need to know.

The Limit for Buddy Watch is explained here:

Aug 06, 2013 Question: How can I use the Buddy Watch feature?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

The limit for BLF is explained here:

Nov 4, 2011 Question: How can I setup a Busy Lamp Field / BLF with an Digium Asterisk SIP Server?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

or limitations here:

May 12, 2016 Question:Are there any limitations on Hunt Group's or BLF / Busy Lamp Field?

Resolution: Please check => here <= 

An EFK can only have one function aka either a macro which simulates the key presses i.e. Transfer and then the destination or a number only but not both.

Due the lack of configuration examples or backups we can only guess.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.