Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

EFKs are not a viable solution when EVERY USER has their own conference bridge and needs to add a speed dial.  

That silence you hear ... its you losing business to other vendors with a full feature set.  It's not my job to educate you on a feature that is assumed by everyone else in the market.

Good luck.

Chris

HP Recommended

Hello Chris,

even that this post here is now on the 3rd Page you are only the 7th Person within this post complaining about the lack of the pause feature.

Considering the above you still have not provided any information on the size of your organisation or the actual opportunity.

As an example I look after EMEA, this includes Europe, the middle East and Africa.

One of the service providers I look after has over 45000 Polycom handset's and they have not yet inquired about this feature. They are only the 2nd largest provider in that country.

I do fully understand that the 6 other individuals plus yourself assume that this is an absolute must have feature but neither 6 (to my personal knowledge) or yourself have so far provided any details within the community or via contacting myself or a Polycom sales engineer to outline the opportunity Polycom would miss in the field by not providing the pause.

As long as the above lack of feedback does has not been overcome by facts we cannot prioritize our customers wishes for features they see as an must have. A pause in a speed dial so far has not appeared high on their priority.

Please understand that we as a manufacturer do not discard the individuals within this post but you simply have to accept that other features have a higher priority.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

I found my way to this thread by trying to answer how to program a pause into my work desk phone speedials. Please consider me as +1 Polycom user who would like this functionality.

My experience is that there are always more people interested in a feature than go through the time to make forum accounts and submit a request: I'm sure more than 8 people will benefit from Polycom making this addition.  It's not our task to persuade Polycom that they're "missing opportunities in the field", but when one realizes their new phone system is lacking in features compared to the previous or their work phone, it's quite reasonable to seek feature parity.

HP Recommended

Wait a second, this isn't a feature? I googled trying to figure out how to program it, and lo and behold I hear that Polycom says no one wants it? This is one of those features that anyone should even have to ask for in a $300 phone

HP Recommended

Hello nameaneh,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I could repeat myself but everything that can currently been stated has been explained on multiple occasions.

In addition you did not mention what type of Polycom phone you are using.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Seems like you guys are in denial, there are posts all over these forums requesting this feature!

I too would like, indeed expected, to be able to insert a pause into a speed dial tel no so that I can dial straight into a conference bridge.  Is this product aimed at the Corporate market or not?

Come on, get with it!

Andy

HP Recommended

Hello Andy,

As already replied to the previous poster I could repeat myself but everything that can currently been stated has been explained on multiple occasions.

I am only aware of this other post => here <= so not sure what you mean by post’s all over these forums.

Due Polycom being a publicly trading company I am unable to comment on any future plans or software versions but I can only remind anyone responding to please work with their Polycom Sales Engineer (I can put you in contact if I get details from the user) so this priority can be raised.

Again without any large customer requesting this for current phones the priority is below other requests.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

I echo the users incredulity at the unavailability of a pause feature in Polycom VOIP phones. This was standard in most phones a few years ago. I guess this is very low in your prioritization based on your answers ( which seems to echo a stock response). This needs to be bumped higher in your queue. Who in your organization decides it and what is the way to reach that group?

HP Recommended

@SteffenBaierUK wrote:

Hello Andy,

As already replied to the previous poster I could repeat myself but everything that can currently been stated has been explained on multiple occasions.

I am only aware of this other post => here <= so not sure what you mean by post’s all over these forums.

Due Polycom being a publicly trading company I am unable to comment on any future plans or software versions but I can only remind anyone responding to please work with their Polycom Sales Engineer (I can put you in contact if I get details from the user) so this priority can be raised.

Again without any large customer requesting this for current phones the priority is below other requests.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Hello Atul_Del

above outlines what you have to do

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

This thread is crazy. I also found this through google trying to support our users. The fact that this thread alone is 2 years old and this is still being requested shows that your feature request list is a joke. 

The first page has been viewed almost 2,500 times. The fact that you have to register, get a confirmation email, and then continue your signup is the reason you dont have more people commenting on this. My corporate email through Office365 rejected your DONOTREPLY@polycom.com address as spam right out, didnt even send it to junk mail. I had to resort to signing up through Gmail to get your registration to process. I would not devote this much time and effort into this if it wasnt for the amount of BS canned responses to these request. 

You want numbers? Fine. We have over 150 across multiple offices in the US, Ukrain, and India. We spend the majority of our day doing conference calls. We run Polycom SoundPoint IP 331, 650, 670, 5000, 7000, VX 500 and VX 500. We are not the largest company by any means using your products. But that also means a transition to a different vendor isnt too difficult.

This is a basic feature every phone should have for speed dial. Your users are requesting it. Get it together Polycom. You're disappointing. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.