Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello RBeasley,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I am not copying and pasting my prior replies as you can read them within this post.

You may misunderstand the communities purpose but replying to this post does not raise a Feature Request so therefore there is no requirement to register and comment to this existing post.

The only way to do this is explained already in my prior reply and in this FAQ post here:

Jan 03, 2013 Question: How can I request a change to the current Polycom SIP / UCS Software?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

The above explains in detail why this is required.

In my prior replies I already outlined this on multiple occasions and even offered users, if they contact me with their details and a MAC address of a Phone, to forward this to the relevant sales team.

I also provided a workaround using an EFK.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Steffen,

This post has been viewed at least 300 times. Most folks who come to this thread are searching how to pause in speed dial. This is only a small subset of users since most folks won't even borther and will quit as soon if they don't see that comma character available. Nobody likes going through a beuracratic process to get a feature implemented.

A few hundred people are probably nothing compared to millions devices sold. This is an advanced user feature after all.

Being an engineer and realizing I could not type a pause felt like going back to the dark 90s. I am certain that Polycom engineers reponsible for basic dialing features cannot sleep at night knowing that they haven't implemented such a basic feature. I would even guess that product management denied them the pleasure of implementing this feature.

I encourage everyone who comes across this thread to be vocal and to ask for this feature in the forum and possibly even via the official process. The very least we can do is create more jobs by making Polycom hire another Steffen who will copy paste the same answer over and over.

On a personal note, I like the spider conference phone but it does goes out of style given that most conference rooms now have TVs and web cams. I would rather go with Cisco solutions.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello avmiller,

2803 times to be precise but again I am not aware that any of these people looking at the post or posting here ever followed this up.

That should show how important this feature is to many.

You or anyone else reading this can do that the official way aka via a Feature request:

Jan 03, 2013 Question: How can I request a change to the current Polycom SIP / UCS Software?

Our internal reference is VOIP-114747 and due lack of NDA I am unable to comment on the status of this.

Btw. I do not work here, this is just a hobby and details about my day job can be found by clicking on my name.

In regards to your Cisco reference you may want to look at our RealPresence Trio 8800.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Steffen,

Unfortunately I am an end user, so I have no outlet with which to provide feedback except for here. This is basic functionality that I am very surprised Polycom does not have - it is something we would take advantage of many times a day. It's certainly a disappointment to be moving from cell phones on speaker mode to Polycoms, expecting improvements across the board, but instead we're taking a step back in usability.

I understand that there have not been many feature requests for this and I'm curious if that might be because of the way product feedback must be provided. It does seem like this would be a problem that would be felt mostly by end-users. Perhaps the people who can file feedback are faced with a different set of problems and so file different feature requests. It's not like I can email IT and ask them to jump through several hoops to file a feature request on my behalf.

I know that your product team is facing many competing priorities, and as a product manager myself I understand those challenges. That said, given the considerations above, perhaps this item is worth raising to a higher status than its feature request count would suggest?

Regards,

Brendan

HP Recommended

Hello Brendan,

As already mentioned there is already a Feature Request and multiple people have notified Polycom about the lack of this feature.

In the bigger picture of things the rating this feature has received in comparison with other features that people really want indicates that, as much as you and multiple others would like this, does not have the same priority our larger customer base wants.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Thanks for the reply. What did you hear back from the product management team about features targeted toward end users vs those that can submit feature requests? Is there an intentional focus on developing features that aren't for end-users?

Thanks again,

Brendan

HP Recommended

Hey guys, I appreciate everyone requesting this feature (specifically avmiller, bmulholland). Thanks for trying to champion this thing. It sucks that they just have to copy-paste the "NO - WE DON'T KNOW HOW, AND WE AREN'T GOING TO DO IT" response. Polycom: The reason more people are not ASKING for it is that you guys already DENIED it - why would they even bother? You made your stance obvious, and no ammount of harping is going to get you to change your minds. If you do plan to change your stance, you are going to have to delete a lot of posts and look like liars in the process.

I currently work as an IT guy and I am in charge of the administrating the phone system (so theoretically, my voice is like 60 voices of end-users, but I don't know if they quite understand that). I have been pretty dis-satisfied with the limitations of the phones and the limitations placed upon us by the Polycom Partners. The Polycom Partners are also being told that this is "not available" so they have given up as well.

Polycom is just incurring more and more technical debt, and if they wanted to strive for excellence, they would make some changes. I personally want technology to be a pleasant experience for my "end-users" so I am always looking for ways to improve that. The Polycom system gets a solid 6/10 stars from me.

HP Recommended

Hello Jeradooka,

I am not going to bother to reply with the same again as I have done this already in uncountable occasions throughout this post and others.

Lets clarify a few facts:

• Polycom does actively encourage people to register this feature request and I mentioned this within this post multiple times that we have enhancement request  VOIP-114747 open for this BUT:

You or your Polycom reseller must do this the official way aka via a feature request and a business case

To my personal knowledge nobody in this and the other posts has done this to this day

• Polycom does not stop anybody or any partner asking for this and has not denied this feature. As explained above nobody has requested this via the official way so it cannot be that important.

• This has been assigned a Feature Request  VOIP-114747

Like everything else in life demand for a feature needs to be registered and judged against other more urgently requested features.

Asking for this within the community, where most people use not their real name or a anonymous email address, does not give us an indication how large of a user base is behind this feature request.

In your case we do not event know if you are utilizing a modern VVX phone or end of life / end of sale SoundStation / SoundPoint IP phones.

Its quite easy making a mockery of a Moderator by quoting statements or attaching screenshots but I do give up my spare time (as explained in my signature) to answer questions and post FAQ posts.

So @Jeradooka and everyone else within this or other posts please provide the requested information (not by posting here) using our feature request method and stating VOIP-114747 or this feature will never receive the attention that it requires and will never be implemented.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

SteffenBaierUK wrote:

You or your Polycom reseller must do this the official way aka via a feature request and a business case

Thanks for the response, Steffen.

Unfortunately, I do not know how to create a feature request. Is there a solid resource for learning this information?

Thanks for the help.

--Jerad

HP Recommended

Hello Jerad and all,

apologize for repeating myself:

Jan 03, 2013 Question: How can I request a change to the current Polycom SIP / UC Software?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.