Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Guys,

It's literally been years now that you've been pitching people on the utterly ridiculous notion of creating EFK's for each and every time someone wants to create a speed dial that includes a pause.

The perfect example - you want to add a speed dial to your phone that dials and logs into your conference bridge.  In a company of 5 users, that's not ridiculously onerous to create a few EFK's.

In a company of 5000 users (or even 50 or 100), that's the stupidest solution imaginable.

What's so difficult to understand here, guys?  Customers have been asking for this functionality for a very long time.  I'm also reasonably sure that it once was in there (quite a long while ago).

In my iPhone, I've got a number in a contact for my bridge - +1NPANXXXXXX,,123456#,,*,,98765#

This dials the bridge (+1NPANXXXXXX), waits 4 seconds, dials the conference ID and #, waits 4 seconds, dials *, waits 4 seconds, and dials my leader pin, followed by #.

Furthermore, the whole ER process is utterly broken - talk to your reseller, who will talk to an SE, who will enter an ER, and maybe some day get some feedback somewhere along the line?  Sounds a lot more like whisper down the lane, followed by piping the ER straight to /dev/null.

48 REPLIES 48
HP Recommended

Hello jcostom,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

The outlined way is as described by yourself as we simply need to look at the request and evaluate the use case in relation how many other users request this and the effort needed to include this in a current software version.

Like everywhere else this simple goes on the basis of how many other features are requested and the relevant business case to implement this.

I will forward your post to product management but looking through other requests it seems like other users or companies have simply not shown an interest in this specific feature to have included it before.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Registered for these forums and posting to demonstrate interest in speed dial with pause! This feature should absolutely be standard on a business-class phone system.

I need to program two speed dial buttons. One to log into an answering queue, and one to log out. I can't do this on the Polycom IP450 because there is no way to insert a pause into a speed dial entry. 😞

HP Recommended

Hello ChrisMartin,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The answer to the above is still the same. There is no way to add a Pause into a Speed Dial.

To my knowledge nobody has raised this as a feature request yet and therefore Polcyom product management has not added this to a list of enhancements.

There is a workaround to use a EFK.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Nov 25, 2011 Question: How can I change the functionality of a softkey button / use EFK?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Example 1 in the linked post explains how to archive this.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended
To claim that nobody has raised this as a feature request is being disingenuous, at best. There are 2 customers in this thread asking, and multiple others in these fora.

Don't bury your head in the sand and claim that customers aren't asking. Clearly they are.
HP Recommended

Hello jcostom,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Jan 03, 2013 Question: How can I request a change to the current Polycom SIP / UCS Software?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

As outlined this requires a feature request and only via a feature request will Polycom Product Management look at this.

Without following this process we are unable to track this.

Its all explained in the above post.

Please work with your Polycom reseller to start this process as by simply posting within the community we cannot follow this up.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hello jcostom and all,

I did feed this back to Product Management back in September and a Feature Request Accept ID 70792 was created.

Please work with your Polycom reseller to add your requirement and numbers of phones involved.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hello all,

I had forwarded these  posts to product management and we are currently looking in possibly adding this functionality into a future software version.

I have no further details or official commitment or a time line so please watch these post's and / or any future release notes.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

So, we just received these new Polycom phones for our company and I was tasked to program the new phones with the ability to "pause, add the code" aka 123456#. THis is how Google sent me into this forum.  Imagine my horror to see you state "...we simply need to look at the request and evaluate the use case in relation how many other users request this and the effort needed to include this in a current software version." Seriously?  Add my company to the vote.  If possible - do this by the end of next week, because I need to program it by then. 

HP Recommended

Hello KarenG,

Welcome to the Polycom community.

As already explained to the previous posters there are always request’s that are demanded with a higher priority than this.

I did outline this to prior posters and to my knowledge nobody in this and in another post discussing this feature has actually officially followed this up.

This leads me to the conclusion that even if they are posting in this community the need for this feature is not great enough to actually follow through and work with our Polycom Sales Engineers so they can create the business case with the relevant priority to get this included.

As mentioned already we do not yet have this detailed for any specific software version but I can assure you that it will not be done in the time period quoted by yourself.

The way to request this has been outlined in detail on multiple occasions:

Jan 03, 2013 Question: How can I request a change to the current Polycom SIP / UCS Software?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

The above linked post explains in detail why this procedure is needed and I understand how easy it is for an outsider to assume this can be done in a few days.

With the millions of IP phones sold to this date simply nobody wanted this feature bad enough so far.

A workaround is explained in the EFK FAQ post.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.