Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Standalone phone configuration and power up.

Highlighted
Visitor

Standalone phone configuration and power up.

If IP500 phone is rebooted at remote office, it cannot connect to TFTP server to upload files, so how do i get it to work?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Standalone phone configuration and power up.

Hello nickdw,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Please be aware that the SoundPoint IP 500 has reached End of Life. Parts, support will no longer be available for this product after 5/01/2011. The SoundPoint 500 has been replaced by the SoundPoint IP 450 and 550.

Could you please be a bit more specific explaining/detailing your issue?

Can the Phone not reach your local TFTP?

Usually a TFTP doesn't allow files to be uploaded or appended if they exist so we recommend to use FTP instead.

The SPIP500 running SIP 2.1.x may require a Provisioning Server on every Reboot in order to ensure that the correct Software or Configuration is loaded and is therefore unable to complete the Boot Process if it is unable to do so.

Could you provision via HTTP instead?

You may want to contact your Polycom Reseller or Polycom Support in order to receive the correct support via a payment per incident.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 2